The Goat Spot Forum banner

261 - 280 of 377 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Janeen, is fir meadows a site I can look on for this? I don't know anything about herbal wormers but once the vet clears her from the chemical ones I can try adding this for an upkeep type of thing. Especially if it will help build up her immune system.

Sent from my iPhone using Goat Forum
Yes, go to fir meadows.com and you will find a wide variety of herbal remedies. I use the D-worm and the GI soother, and my crew gets it twice a week. You give it for 3-5 days straight, and then to 1-3 times a week. I just sprinkle it on their grain after spraying some ACV/water mix, and they eat it right up. I tried the cookie method no luck, they wouldn't touch it.

You are doing great with her;-)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Sorry if I missed the post, but have you gotten the results back on her tests? Definitely would like to hear an update on her :)
Sorry for the delay ptgoats. When the vet came out he only took enough blood to check if she's bred and CAE. Both were negative. I'm really happy about that because babies on top of her poor condition would have been tough. Her weight now is all but 25 lbs. We shaved her when she had her most recent treatment of lice spray on last weekend and her skin was pretty bad. It was looked like dandruff and a babies cradle cap. But now a week later it looks great. Even her hair that's growing back is more course and seems full. She had her last safeguard treatment on Saturday and is having a follow up fecal this week as well as another blood draw. Because I have a doe due to deliver July 10th I want to be able to sell babies in good conscience that all my goats are CAE, CL, and Johne's negative. I pray she is good to go because I would like to start her integration with my 2. She still cries from being alone. I feel nervous about the safeguard working on the lungworms because she still does the hacking cough but only every once in a while. ( once or twice a week) Not daily like before. Per this thread, I may give her a dose of Ivermectin just to be super safe. I'll see what the fecal says next week.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
If it's nice today (been rainy lately) I'll get some current pictures and post them. We can see a difference even in her shaved state that she's bigger. I wish it would go faster, but slow and steady is probably best. All of your advice, thoughts and prayers has been invaluable and a true help to keep me encouraged. It's amazing how much better it makes me feel.

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
That's great that she's not pregnant and has gained weight already :) She's on the road to recovery, slow as it is I'm sure she will blossom with a little time and a little love

·
Registered
29,926 Posts
good news in both not being pregnant and her CAE negative result!! It does take time to get the weight back on...cant wait to see anew pic : )

·
Super Moderator
82,188 Posts
That is wonderful to hear, thanks for the update.

Sounds like she is on the road to recovery.

Yes Ivomec is a great product for a lot of worms.

She may have scaring causing her to continue to cough here and there as well.

Make sure she gets Fortified Vit B complex and probiotics if you haven't given it to her to rebuild her gut after all the treatments given.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
Here are some updated pictures from yesterday afternoon. I took them on the same step as before. It may be difficult to see the improvement but I think you can. It ImageUploadedByGoat Forum1403517558.961511.jpg ImageUploadedByGoat Forum1403517585.512020.jpg ImageUploadedByGoat Forum1403517613.863902.jpg ImageUploadedByGoat Forum1403517632.027946.jpg ImageUploadedByGoat Forum1403517650.690348.jpg ImageUploadedByGoat Forum1403517665.563688.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
You most certainly can see a major difference! She is glossy black and her hair looks norm.

How old is the other goat she is sniffing at the fence?
She is younger Than Abby. The goat at the fence is a month younger. If Abby looks bigger it's because she is standing kind of on a higher spot in the incline.

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
WOW ! She looks awesome ! Look at that shine to her coat !
Her weight is getting better , overall she looks fabulous !
Her transformation is amazing ! You have taken her from a extremely sad state to a up and coming beauty :) She is adorable :)
Your awesome Bertnut2 :hugs::hugs::hugs:

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
No I was just thinking they look the same size or Abby only a tad bit smaller. So it's hopeful that if she is still under 4 years which I believe I remember that she is, she should grow to being a fairly normal size by 4 years old. When not all hunched up you can see she is bigger. It's amazing how just feeling better will fill them out and make them look bigger in a short time.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #277
No I was just thinking they look the same size or Abby only a tad bit smaller. So it's hopeful that if she is still under 4 years which I believe I remember that she is, she should grow to being a fairly normal size by 4 years old. When not all hunched up you can see she is bigger. It's amazing how just feeling better will fill them out and make them look bigger in a short time.
They definitely look closer in size than before. My goats used to look like Clydesdales compared to her and we were worried about putting them
together but yesterday we thought she is really starting to look more in line with them and we felt much better about it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
WOW ! She looks awesome ! Look at that shine to her coat !

Her weight is getting better , overall she looks fabulous !

Her transformation is amazing ! You have taken her from a extremely sad state to a up and coming beauty :) She is adorable :)

Your awesome Bertnut2 :hugs::hugs::hugs:
Thank you Tricky! And we know she will just keep improving. It's encouraging for me to be able to see the difference. I was hoping the pics would show what we see.

·
Yes Dear Goat Farm
1,272 Posts
She is looking much better, she is getting a shine to her coat and just looks much healthier already!! Job well done!

261 - 280 of 377 Posts