I bought another goat!

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by RunAround, May 18, 2008.

1. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Ok, send me to the loony bin. I just bought another goat! But, I've been wanting a LaMancha forever so here she is.......

It was hard to get pictures of her since she was running away from everyone. All my other girls seemed to be freaked by the fact that she had no ears! :ROFL:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    why does her bum look green :?

cute by the way but i love nubians because of their ears and goats without ears just don't look right somehow...?...

3. all1965

all1965 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    AR
    I would have to say from tattoo ink. Because Lamancha's have no ears they cannot be tattooed or tagged in the ears. The tail web is where they are tattooed.

4. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    She's very pretty! I've heard them say "You don't milk the ears!" And from what I've heard they are prodigious milkers!

I had a sow once that had her ears frozen off (I got her afterward, of course)...for a long time pigs with ears looked funny to me. :slapfloor:

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congrats on her she looks sweet. I love black goats

is she a standard or mini?

6. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yep her bum is green from the tattoo ink. She was tattooed right before I loaded her into the crate.

She's a standard LaMancha but I will be breeding her to one of my ND bucks so I get some mini's! Oh, and she is ADGA registered. :D

And boy were the ones in milk there nice! Big huge teats! I wanted to milk them! lol

7. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I am soooo contagious :shades: She is a beauty, I know you'll love her! :stars:

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Oh she's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes me miss mine so badly!!!! Oh she's gorgeous! Congratulations!!!!

Oh and hey, if you find a ride to the looney bin, see if they have room for one more. I need to come along too. I just got another buck. :help:

9. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Congrats!! You have officially been bitten by the LaMancha bug, there is no cure at all......... :D

So what herd did you get her from?

10. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Longvu Farm up in NH. They had tons of nice goats!

11. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Yes they do, and they are very reasonably priced :) They have a lot of Lucky*Star and Winterwoods in their lines, so she should be a great milker!! :thumbup:

12. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Thanks! I am super excited about her. She is only about 3 months so I can't breed her for a while, but that doesn't bother me.

Everyone at Longvu was really nice and they offered to teach me how to show! :)

13. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    She so sweet looking- you'll have such fun with her.