I can not believe this

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by sweetgoats, Mar 24, 2009.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well, I listed my goats on Craigs List all over Colorado, well I had a lady that really wanted to start a Cashmere goat herd. She said that she had heard for a lot of people to get a hold of me and to buy my goats because of the winnings and they are good goats, Anyway she contacted me yesterday and said she wanted to talk about trading a horse for some goats.
    Look at what she is offering to me. :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This is what she said to me.

Trade some of your beautiful Cashmere goats for a real sweet, w/ prof. training triple reg. NSH/Half arab/Pinto breeders sweepstakes mare. I have quit breeding, but am a spinner,

I will have to see what all else is to be done.

2. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Wow! :shocked: I would take the horse if it worth it and if you are able to....how much is the horse worth in comparison to the goats? How many goats does she want?

3. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

This actually doesnt surprise me. The horse market has literally fallen through the floor- people are having a hard time "giving" them away.

I actually just took a trade sort of similar- I traded my QH/Morgan lesson horse gelding for a 6 month old purebred Maltese puppy.
    My logic- right now the puppy is probably going to be easier to sell than my gelding.
    *sigh*

Either way- she looks like a pretty girl and if you are in a position to take a horse in, I say why not? :stars:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    really pretty horse..but.......I would not trade my beautiful goats for one....People don't seem to want to pay that much for horses these days .... if you ever want to sell the horse....
    ..I've seen real nice registered horses ...being given away... :shocked:

with goats ...you will get more money.....but it is up to you.... :wink:

Just my 2 cents worth...

5. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    To restate my thinking: I would make sure that you really wanted a horse because as has been said the horse market is down....we gave 3 away a little while ago...but if you want a horse then I would do it.

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well, we have two horses now and my daughter is on a all girls drill team on horse back, and she is running for several different queens.

This Mare is 7 years old, and she was asking $4000.00 for her, but she wants goats and fiber.

7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I don't know a thing about horse markets but that mare is GORGEOUS!!! :love:

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh my! if someone offered me a trade I would so be tempted! But with the cost and all with hay I would be really hard pressed to know if I could afford it. But wow what a beauty!

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well, I have to say that my goats eat more hay the the hoses do.

We are going to see her on Sunday morning. I hope the Lord will forgive me :pray: for not going to church and going there instead.

We are really excited.

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you will be helping to care for one of His creatures - I am sure He understands :wink:

11. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    SOOO PRETTY! :drool: I couldn't trade my goats for her, but I'd sure find SOMETHING. lol

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Beautiful mare! And to want to trade her for fiber goaties.....I'd say that this is a lady REALLY wanting the fiber!

13. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    GL - My NSH is worth his weight in gold and then some - bless his heart he's awful short - but the biggest heart and the want --- granted he's an air head sometimes - but well, you know.

There are still some horses bringing their price - few and far in between, but there are...if the people who own them can afford to feed them, not many will come off their price. It's the ones who aren't using them and don't want to feed them that tend to go with the price - but it's the same with any .... anything. :)

If she's what you're wanting ---- grab it up. Heck, I'd trade in a heartbeat if she was what I wanted. If I can ever find the gelding we sold a few years ago - I'd trade just about anything I had --- even DH some days ROFL.

She's a pretty girl. LMK How it goes!

14. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Here is another picture of her. Dream Dancer
    The reason the lady wants goats instead or really just the fiber is she is a spinner, she wants to spin it with her llama and she really can not ride anymore.
    I was going to her place on Sunday but we are suppose to get hit with a really bad storm here so we are going to put it off until later when it is nicer and we want to see how much fiber I get after it is cleaned and dehaired.
    I have been selling a LOT of my goats because my daughter is leaving for college and I can not show them all myself and really I just do not have the land this year because were have been in such a drought.

(I have not been in the best of health lately and it is getting worse so taking care of them all is a LOT of work right now by myself, I just can not do it). But I sure could go riding.

[​IMG]

15. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    wow, she is really pretty. :)

16. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    I would traide for the horse but I dought my boss would love me for it!!

17. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    oh wow she is a really nice horse :drool:

what an offer !

18. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    wow shes pretty!

dreamdancer is a pretty name too.

the horses up here are still selling for around $4000. Theyre in demand almost. i've never seen a free horse on CL.

19. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    WOW! :shocked: What a gorgeous mare!! :drool: I love horses! I used to have a pony when I was 3. I wish I could have a horse that I could ride. If you get her, you are one lucky person!!!!!! :horse: :cool:

20. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Wow! That is a beautiful horse. I would be very tempted if I did not already know what having a horse meant... Sad as it sounds, I am thankful I nolonger have horses. Feed, farrier every 6 weeks, shots, time to work with them, equipment (and they seem to break stuff at the worst times) veterinary (again, at the worst of times, they aren't real smart) fencing (they are very hard on fencing and housing), did I mention feed? LOL

A lot of people are giving away horses right now here as well. My cousin was just given a horse, and they guy wanted to give her three! My uncle asked if I wanted one of them, and as bad as I felt, I said, not a chance... There are people giving away goats as well, but nothing I am looking for. If I had lots of room, I might take a few. I have to be very choosey since I only have 2 acres.