The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't mow, can't use tractor, can't set new culvert...I just need 2-3 no rain days...
All of my everything is starting to mildew...
It has rained every day. 3 x hour long, soaking rains yesterday and another during the night.
Rain scheduled every day through Thursday of next week.
All of my salt/mineral/selenium blocks have melted.
Cannot get or put away hay.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I am tired of rain too. It rained almost every day last week and we got another 2” last night. My outdoor dry lot is a muddy mess and the goats are mad that they don't get to come out to browse. The owner of the strawberry farm I work for said the rain ruined the last few days of picking (all the berries were rotting in the field). I really wish I could send some where it’s needed.

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
6,197 Posts
Yay..today No Rain. Sorry buts its the 1st day in 5 . There is water standing in my yard. I have to wear muckboots everywhere. I would gladly send you, the heat wave/ drought areas, the rain. I keep praying it will move your way. I know you need a break from the heat. Right now it is 82° with 82% humidity, so it feels like 95° and a sauna. So hang in there..we are all in the same crazy weather bucket...just waiting for it to change.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Hang in there! I've had the same. Rain several times every day for the past, I think, 6 days. We are OK. I think it's supposed to stop on Friday, so maybe we'll get a chance to dry out a bit. I have tarp shelters up for my goats so they can go out and browse every day, which keeps their barn area from becoming even nastier. I haven't had to water my garden, which is a plus! We had a drought a few years back and hay was so hard to find. Now I am thankful for the rain, as it means hay and grass for the animals...even though you do have to wait for it to dry out before getting the haying done. For now, I am keeping an eye on the goats' FAMACHAs and watching for hoof rot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts