·
Registered
30,643 Posts
shes a doll!!. Love her color

Reactions: Moers kiko boars

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I love her!!! She looks amazing! one thing i am wondering about, She doesn't seem very flat across the back and it seems like she has a drop down to her tail? Am i just seeing things?

·
Registered
11,199 Posts
Congratulations on the new additions! Were they able to tell you what she is crossed with? My guess is myotonic but that's just a guess! She has that really boxy body structure.

Has she ever been bred before? Get a dose of selenium and copper bolus into her, she is a lovely addition! Will you disease test her? Do you have a name for her? Her rump does seem a little odd in these photos but it's tough to say.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys...Shes a Tennessee meat goat. She is Boxy..& steep butt! But..what a booty! She is wide & deep. She is a 2 yr old..and has not been bred.
:up: Saltylove..yes any newbie gets tested for any disease I can think of. She needs Selenium , copper, and feed. She has a low worm load on her fecal. Her eyes , ears, & nose are clear. Shes in quarantine for the next 2 weeks. Her temp is normal along with heart rate & breath.
She could see my others..and thats where she did that Doe Hunch to show she wasnt afraid.
You guys are GOOD! Picked up on her not being boer 1st thing!:wow:
20200818_190040.jpg

Here she is more calm.and grazing.
And here are those tell tale ears and pug nose..lol
20200819_095736.jpg

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Shes a 2 yr old doe..and they round their backs and push their mane up to show the others they
20200818_190203.jpg
are big & bad. Its a myotonic & spanish breed trait. The Bucks really blow up. Its hysterical to watch.
You can see the dark brown hair standing up on her neck & shoulders. And how she rounds her back. Shes a big bad mama here...lol
20200818_190200.jpg

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
I think she’s adorable! I have had nothing but fun watching you and your boer adventure. I’m so proud you set your mind on what you want and are going for it.
I agree she just looks goofy because she is in her fighting stand lol I think all breeds of goats can do it. Here in another month when I put all my does together they will all look like a bunch of hyenas :p

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:nod::up: they will look just like us when kidding time gets here. As we run to the barn in whatever we grab to wear..our hair doing its own thing...and we are trying to calm the pregos down...:eek:mg:and this is their response when they see us!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts