I clipped Wildman!!! Any tips??

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by heathersboers, Sep 20, 2008.

1. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    I am new at clipping goats for show -Wildman was UGLY before I got started, but I think I did OK-Does anyone have any suggestions on clipping?
    Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    I think he looks great, But I would have left more hair on his butt to give a rounded appearance. But you did a good job! How did you do it? and what blades? i want my does looking good next year.

3. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    I used an OSTER 5 clipper and did a 1 inch over the barrel,rump and neck-I cut the topline 3/4 and the chest 1/2-The underside of his belly I did 1/4, and trimmed the tail freehand. he doesn't have a very large rump and on the backside I left most of the hair to give the appearance that he does. The clippers I used are great cutting, but his hair on his topline was soooo thick!!!!

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    well you did a great job, he is very correct.

5. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    He looks great. Very Flashy. If you want some extra practice your welcome to help me with Billie....LOL

6. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Looks like you did a good job.

For what it's worth here's how I go about it. :) First I clip the neck and front of the chest with a 3/4 in. blade. To blend that with the shoulder I use a little razor type thing that you can get at a beauty supplier. I clean up the chest area with either a 7 or 10 blade and then I clip under the belly with a 1/2. Feet get cleaned up around the hooves with a 10, and I use a sullivan's blocking blade to trim the sides of the tail really clean and flatten the top. I also clip their head with a 1/2 inch. blade. That's the basics, of course each goat is different and you are just wanting to make them look their best. :)

7. gnomes'n'goats

gnomes'n'goats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Under a mushroom
    When I read the title of this thread, I had a mental image of shaving sasquatch.

But thats just me.

8. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    Ha-ha Gnome!!!! It does sound funny doesn't it :ROFL: thanks y'all