The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Goats
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So theres this guy I know that raises Angoar/Boer goats and yeah ive been waiting for him to call if he had some does for sale and....We went to his house and non of the does was what I was looking for but then....i saw the CUTEST BUCK EVER! I love him so much! I want him and will most likely get him!

If i get him he would be a breeding buck for my one Nubian/Boer mix & my two lamancha/Nubian mixes. And also I'm looking for some Nubian does and Boer does as well.

This is the only pic I have of him but if we get him I'll post more! On his other side he has a white band on his belly! He is a loud mouth and the woman told me he is a month old.

·
Registered
746 Posts
He's cute! 10 lbs. is actually not that big for a month old standard goat kid. My Alpine kids were both around 9 lbs. at birth. I had a Nubian buckling who was a 10 pounder at birth. He was a little too big, though. I'd like to not have any more that size. :)
That buckling looks good, though. He has such a cute face!

·
Registered
Goats
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He's cute! 10 lbs. is actually not that big for a month old standard goat kid. My Alpine kids were both around 9 lbs. at birth. I had a Nubian buckling who was a 10 pounder at birth. He was a little too big, though. I'd like to not have any more that size. :)
That buckling looks good, though. He has such a cute face!
I'm just surprised that he's that big because they didn't even now their does were prego!

·
8,050 Posts
What are your plans for all your bucks? What breed are you trying to get? Mixed breeds are ok, but most people want registered goats - whether meat or dairy,
so they can know the background and what to expect from future kids. I am not trying to be mean, but don't make the mistake that so many people make- baby bucks
are darling- but they grow up- then you are stuck with a big stinky boy. Unless that is what you want! ;)

·
Registered
Goats
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What are your plans for all your bucks? What breed are you trying to get? Mixed breeds are ok, but most people want registered goats - whether meat or dairy,
so they can know the background and what to expect from future kids. I am not trying to be mean, but don't make the mistake that so many people make- baby bucks
are darling- but they grow up- then you are stuck with a big stinky boy. Unless that is what you want! ;)
He actually would be great for my future plans because I'm going to be selling two of my buck well one of them is my sister but she said it is ok so yeah I'm so excited! We went to their house again today but I didn't get a better pic

·
Registered
415 Posts
Well as long as your happy with him and he will meet what your goals are I am happy for you! I think he is adorable. I don’t know much about angoras but by the looks of the shaved ones they look very small to me. So 10 pounds might be on the smaller side but maybe not as small as us large breed breeders are thinking. I can’t wait for more pictures of him!

·
Registered
Goats
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well as long as your happy with him and he will meet what your goals are I am happy for you! I think he is adorable. I don’t know much about angoras but by the looks of the shaved ones they look very small to me. So 10 pounds might be on the smaller side but maybe not as small as us large breed breeders are thinking. I can’t wait for more pictures of him!
We might be going and buying him soon but the guy who owns him tore a orgen inside his body trying to pick something up so it may be a few days...I hope he gets better soon because i know that must hurt!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts