I did it, Got a camera and am now online :) soooooo easy

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Kfin, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Kfin

Kfin New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Canyon, TX
    I had no idea how easy it would be. and I did it for $39.00

After Bellafire Farm posted that her sister-in law got a camera and was able to upload from ustream. I thought I would give it a shot. It is CRAZY easy.

I just bought a webcam from Walmart, and installed it on my computer, downloaded the free ustream software and presto just pushed Broadcast button and we where live. But the BEST news, if you download the app on the iphone for ustream you can get the video on your Iphone. WOOHOO
    I can no go to a movie and watch my girls on my iphone. This is awsome. I am thrilled. We will be getting the girls pen set up online soon.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I can see how it would be easy to stream from your laptop but how about from a camera in the barn? I dont have internet out in my barn so I dont know how that would work.

what did you do to make it work out in the barn?

3. Kfin

Kfin New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Canyon, TX
    My office is about 50' from my barn so I bought a USB 50' extender and ran it along side the house to the barn. I got the extender on eBay for $19 so I guess I actually have $60 invested. But it's awsome there is about a 2-3 second delay on the computer and about a 25 second delay on iPhone. But I am ok with that.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ah -- well that wouldnt work for me since my barn is more then 500 feet from the back door and my bedroom is on the opposite side of the house.