I did it ----

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by kelebek, May 9, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I decided to sell a few goaties that I wasn't going to sell ------

I sold Scout (ok no big deal) AND Impala (the possible Joe Dirt doeling). There is a little 7 year old girl that has saved and saved for her very own goatie and twice now she has tried to purchase a doeling and they have died - so I decided it was ment to be that Impala was born for a reason for this precious little girl. Nice thing is is that she is 4H and lives about 4 hours from me, so my herd name is going to get out to a wider area.

I will miss Impala - but I just have to tell my self it was for a reason. :(

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that was so sweet of you...Allison.... :hug:

3. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I sold a few goats yesterday-one of which that I will probably miss. I sold Scrumptous and her two grade doelings:(. But, I have to keep my herd small and she's a bt shorter sized than i'd like to see in my LaManchas and with the LaManchas of today I dont think she could compete to well in the show ring. Cutting back is hard to do-but some times it is the best thing to do.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Think about how happy you made that little girl :greengrin: :hug:

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Yah, I guess the little girl has had her mom print out Impala's pictures and put them in her room.

It makes me feel good - and as much as I loved, and still do, Joe - nothing will bring him back - so I really must move on.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow ..........that is really something and adorable...she must really love her........ :hug:

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :hug: You made that little girl very happy...and I'm sure that Impala will be very well loved.

8. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    What a patient young lady, to keep waiting and saving for the right doe. Glad you could help make her dream come true!

I agree it was for a reason that Impala survived. It is hard to see them go though. :hug: Maybe she can give you updates.

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    You know some goats you hate t sell but when you know they go to a good home it makes bearable. I sold two goats Friday, they were able to take the doe, but the wether is only a month old so I could not let him go. They have other goats at home that they are now going to sell because they want the Cashmere goats, so she is not alone. Kayleigh is only 6 but will be 7 in June, That young lady knows so much about goats it is not even funny. She knows what the CDT is for, know to look at the different poops and just a bunch of things. Here mom said that she is reading all the time about goats and how to raise them.

She is to young to show in 4H but I will be taking he goat to the Estes Park Wool Market show up there and the State Fair. By the time she is 8 and able to do 4H (show that is), she is going to be a amazing girl.

10. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I've been seriously considering selling a couple of my retained doelings this year too. Like Keeper and/or Jitterbug. I just haven't decided. I'll quite possibly sell Raven after kidding. That's up in the air till she kids.

I hate having to decide. I need to buy up my hay for the year and the best way to do that is by sales. So its quite possible someone will be going.