I disbudded today

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by Epona142, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    My friend bought a disbudder with the idea we could share. (We share a lot of things!) and today we did our first kids with it.

I think we did great! It wasn't as bad as I expected. We got good burns on the kids and didn't fry any brains so I call it a success.

:clap:

Just wanted to share!

2. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    This is encouraging to hear!! Thanks :) And Congrats to you on having it go so well!

3. Realfoodmama

Realfoodmama New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    Grats on taking the leap!~

I opted to have a friend do it for me this year since it was my first kidding season ever. Next year it will be my turn so it's good to hear a first time success story!

4. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    We were REALLY nervous, but really, it wasn't near as hard or as frightening as we thought.

Then again, we're both real down to earth women who don't have an issue with a lot of things when it comes to critters. I've been shoulder deep in a mare or cow before, and butchered chickens, hogs, deer, so really, burning the poor little heads was just another "job" that had to be done.

:D

5. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Kudos to you both for getting it done-more experience under your belts. :clap: :hi5: