The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fig tree is LOADED with figs! I was so surprised that my goats ignored it completely. They eat everything else, including poisonous azaleas, so I was shocked that they never even nibbled on the fig leaves. I told my hubby how surprised I was, and glad that we didn't have to build a fence around it.... I should have kept my mouth shut. The very next morning I let them out, and what do they do? They make a beeline for the fig tree. Started chomping down like their lives depended on it. Now they're grounded in their stall until we get the fence up. :wallbang: Why now? I KNOW they didn't hear me talking about it, I was in the car driving down the road at the time! I shouldn't have even THOUGHT it in their presence.... Maybe one is a mind reader? :eek: :GAAH:

·
Goat Feeder
1,436 Posts
Goats enjoy the finer things in life. They eat when a plant is at its most flavorable stage to goats or right before you want to eat it.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
They are odd little animals, I cant make sense of half of what they do. Mine will go crazy over something one day and not look at it again for months the next. Like loose minerals, I have purchased minerals for years and would always end up throwing it out and replace with new, then for like a month straight they ate on it and I couldnt buy enough of it. I just figure they know what they need and want and when.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts