The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my Pygmy does was down when I came out to check her about 10min ago. She was lying down and her eyes were partially closed. She wouldn't move at all but she was breathing fine. I ran inside to get my phone and when I came back out she was up and completely normal. She's normally not very friendly so I thought something was really bad wrong with her when she didn't move or open her eyes fully when I bent down and talked to her. Now just a few min later she's walking around and munching on hay like nothing???

·
14,615 Posts
Sometimes they fall into a deep sleep but still, so scary!
So long as she's bright & alert, no temp, normal pee & berries. And of course eating.
An off goat wont usually have an appetite.

·
Registered
29,897 Posts
My Lamanbcha buck does that..scares me half to death...I once had to throw a stick at him to rouse him lol..and I still had to go in to make sure....he acted all dazed, Like " what? some one call me?"...he is a very heavy sleeper...

Just keep an eye to be sure as Namcy said...doing all the right things

·
14,615 Posts
The buck lays flat out for naps.:mad: Still, I yell at him every now & then.
It makes me want to strangle him.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I had them where I have to physically nudge them to get them to wake up! It is scary! LOL

·
1,062 Posts
I've had goats do that too, scares the crap outta ya. I had one that wouldn't move so threw a rock and hit the side of the lean to nothing, so panic. Went running to gate at other end of pasture then running across the pasture. Heart pounding, get there she just shook her head looked at me and spit up her cud

1 - 11 of 11 Posts