I don't know whats going on

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by RPC, Feb 2, 2011.

1. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Ok so Athena my doe who kidded January 8th is doing alot of acting like she is in labor. Which I know she can't be since she has 2 kids. She is standing kind of with the hunched look. Tail is sticking out not up. She keeps stretching. But her ligs are tight and she is not dialated at all. Does anyone know what this could mean. I hope she is alright. Her stall is warm but we are having a really bad snow storm.

2. Springbett Farm

Springbett Farm Senior Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Nebraska
    Just tossing in some ideas:
    Have you taken her temperature? Sounds like she's in some pain-(that's the way my buck was acting this weekend.) Perhaps she has a urinary infection or uterine infection. Is she eating, drinking, pooping and peeing?

3. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I to wonder about urinary infection......hope you get it figured out soon, poor girl.

4. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Yes she is eating, drinking, pooping, peeing just fine. This morning she isn't really acting too off anymore. But I wasn't out there long since it is so cold. I just did chores real fast and ran back inside. I will check on her in a little bit when I go try to dig my car out of the snow.

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Have you had a fecal float done on her? I am thinking Ketosis also, just a thought.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I have to agree....I recommend a fecal float ... :hug:

7. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

I hope everything will be fine. Keep us up-dated!