I dont like them but

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by ilroost, Feb 2, 2008.

1. ilroost

ilroost New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    weldon,il
    i wander if my goats might. My mom gave me a bag of Ocean Spray dried cranberries and no way am i eating them but is it okay to give to my goats as a treat,i didnt know if they are bad for them or not? What do you guys think? thanks bob

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah they should like them - especially if they like raisins.

3. KikoFaerie

KikoFaerie New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    So. Central Kansas
    That's so funny you ask. I just finished giving my new girls both frozen (after they thawed!) organic cranberries and some of the dried ones when I ran out of the others and couldn't get any more right away. There was a chance one of them had a urinary tract problem when they first arrived (we kept seeing her continually squat to try to pee but nothing came out) and so we treated all 6 of them with some herbs in their food and the cranberries. We think it was just the stress of travelling to get here, but didn't want to take any chances. Anyway, they LOVE those cranberries (both kinds)!!!

4. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    They shuld like them.My grandma has 'em all the time and the goats love 'em.

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I can't believe you don't like them. Let us know how the goats liked them

6. ilroost

ilroost New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    weldon,il
    thanks for the replies. tonight i will see if they like them or not. im sure old fat ellemae(my old pygmy)will as she eats about anything

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    My kids absolutely love them! And they are good for them...as well as us...did you try them at all? The taste and texture may surprise you.

8. mystic's_mom

mystic's_mom New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Northern, MN
    The goats usually love these sort of things!!! :wink:

9. ilroost

ilroost New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    weldon,il
    well the cranberries didnt go over to well,all but 2 of the goats just walked away.But they didnt go to waste as good ole butterball (my turkey) sure loved them,but then again what doesnt he like