The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doe delivered twins beautifully on 7/5/2013. Two healthy baby girls

image-2743448711.jpg

Kind of a crappy picture. Sadly the red one was killed by a dog, not our dog. The dog belongs to the people we were staying with since the fire. And unfortunately the doe died of pyometra. I'm assuming the stress from the fire and age contributed. She does a day and a half after kidding. The red doe died just a couple weeks ago. The roan badger face moved with us to Gunnison and is fat and sassy now and doing so well. I will get up to date pictures of her. Her name is Butterfly's Little Angel. Her sisters name was Butterfly's Legacy. We were devastated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I am so sorry for you losses. You have been through so much. I saw the ad for your buck again, I hope you find him a great place soon. Are you liking Durango so far? I am near Grand Junction, so not too far away from you.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone. Though we've had a tough summer, we appreciate the love and support you've all given us.

We are all settled here in Gunnison and are really enjoying living on the ranch of my dear friend Ann.

We are loading up the goats and are heading to state fair tomorrow (Saturday). We are so excited because our judge drove out here and brought 3 bucks with her. Ann and I bought 1 together, my 4-Her bought another and another friend bought the last. Not only is it a new bloodline for us, but his first fleece's test results came back as 12 microns!!! We've only been able to get as low as 14. We're aware that his 2nd fleece will be a bit coarser but he's a beautiful buck. Ill post a pic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts