I Dream of Genie

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Duchesse, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Duchesse

Duchesse New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Money and land are no longer an obstacle. :fireworks: You can have as many goats as you want, providing of course you can physically handle them. What breeds would you wish for? How many? I'll start.

I know I can't handle too many but since I can have anything I want..................

I want a dwarf collection :drool:

Pygmy, Nigi, Myotonic, Kinder, Mini Nubian, and the Mini Saanen, I'd like two of each along with a Nigi and a Pygmy buck.

I also like Boers, they're big but I love their conformation. I would like the solid black, red, and the standard white w/red head, two of each please. One boer buck will do. :gift:

I can dream can't I ? :shrug:

Next.....

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    An unregistered herd of minis (nigerians and pygmies) then some registered nigerian dwarfs. My own bucks

I would love to have a separate herd of nubians and lamanchas - not sure about a buck for them.

Then I would want some mini nubians

And of course I would need land and a nice barn for them :D

3. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    OK, I'll play along. I think I'd like some Nubians. I had one long ago and she was fantastic. Of course I'd keep my Nigerians, but I'd add some more does...and another buck. I've thought about the Saanens, but I like the color variations of the Alpines...but someone said they have attitude so maybe not. And, I'd keep my fiber goats (Pygora, Cashmere), because I'm going to learn to spin...no really, I am! This is fun, Di

4. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    I want a barn full of CH(or GCH or SGCH) Nubian does and bucks! A few National Championships please. Okay, okay...I want to be like Kastdemur's! I want goats like theirs(their eared ones of course! :greengrin: )!!

This should sum it up...I want to be one of the top Nubian breeders in the Country. :shades:

5. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Okay I mainly want purebred, spotted (along with Lyric and Heidi of course :wink: ) Nubians. Along with some Mini Nubians and some Nigerian Dwarves. (love the colors) And maybe some boers. :thumbup:

6. goat fever

goat fever New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    In my episode of dreaming of goats. I would have a Mini Lamancha and spotted Nubians. Not two may though, I lke to keep things small. But about 5 acres of pasture for them with lots of toys for them to play on.

7. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

"My Dream herd" would consist of alpines of course, my first love. A few oberhaslis, all traditional red ones. No blacks. Mini Silkie Fainters, and Fainting goats. A manageabke number. And of course a beautiful barn to put them all in.
    beth

8. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I would have a huge, beautiful barn with a heated milk room and a huge lush pasture. I would have a herd very nice Alpines, and my nigis too. I would love to become a top breeder also!! That is my dream!

9. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Oh boy. I would have a bunch of ND's, Mini manchas, Fainters and a few mini nubians and boers.
    They would have tons of land and tons of toys to run and jump on. The barn would be huge and would have a heated milking room. Oh and I would have hot water in the barn as well as cold water.

10. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    Here goes nothing;

My barn is gigantic, like 40 ft by 50 ft. My bedroom is in there, of course because I want to be with my goats all the time. I have my current goats, my Dog Riley and three or four Great Pyrenees to protect the goats from all evil. My barn has tons of kidding stalls, a milk parlor and food storage room. The whole barn is heated, plumbed and wired for electricity. We live on the East Coast. I own 100 acres for the goats to run and play on, that's got so much good stuff to eat. With willow trees, and rose bushes, and a pretty little creek running through the whole property. I have 15 Nigerian dwarf goats, 13 does and 2 bucks. And a couple Alpines, not to mention Holly, Aspen, Clover, Thomas and Indy. Oh and there's a lake. Oh and I have a my current horses.

HEAVEN!

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Not sure where on the east coast you were thinking ----- not much land to be bought around here :(

one of my dreams is to move SOUTH to where it is WARMER. :sun:

12. Duchesse

Duchesse New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

13. Duchesse

Duchesse New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Here I go again :horse: ............................................................ :drool: .

I forgot to mention my myotonic buck ("meaty" kids) and 2 mini sables as well. Let's see that's 4 bucks and 22 or is it 24 does? I'd better not go over 30. :help:

I'd like 5 acres of lush forage in the South, I'm with Stacey, I want :sun: . I want state of the art equipment (milking stands, kidding pens, feeders, etc for ease of care and I would like to have a kidding every month or two just because it's fun. :leap:

:ZZZ:

14. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    OOOO, What fun!!!

I want a herd of 12 registered myotonic does and 3 registered bucks...different colors and blue eyes.

I want a small herd of registered and unregistered boer goats and boer crosses...about 6 does and 1 buck.

Then I want my commercial herd....about 20 does and maybe 2 bucks....

I want about 20 acres and possibly a hay barn. I want plenty of kidding stalls for all my goats and some breeding pens.

I dont mind feeding my goats out of troughs or pans but I want no waste hay racks invented....we all know a goat's favorite thing to do is waste hay :roll:

I would like heated buckets in every pasture and pen....including my kidding stalls....I want a creep feeder pen for the kids

Man I want too much!

15. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I wish for a nice big barn, with nice LaManchas and Oberhaslis that come from great lines and that are high appraising and top tens. Maybe a National Champion or two. I wish for a nice big milk parlor thats heated, and a thing were kids feed themselves.

Of course we can dream :D

16. Graffogefarms

Graffogefarms New Member

Oct 11, 2007
    ireland
    ooh - I would love this - some of every breed in the world, and to educate people on them, and to be able to hire persons with disabilities and teach them in the care. I would have all the different kinds of alpines, nubies, togs, saanens, Lamanchas, fainters, mini nubies, nigerians, pygmies, Kiko's , Oberhasli, Boers, - how many breeds are there?

17. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    250+ breeds I believe :D You'll be one busy girl :wink: