The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes, I feel stupid.

I was running and turning, my 4 month who was running along side me didn't turn and swept my legs from under me, and I fell right on top of him. my first thought was, "he got the wind knocked out of him, he'll recover quickly"...an hour and a half later, he is still not really moving around (although he can, without any apparent discomfort/pain), and he has noisy breathing sounds and the occasional cough, but doesn't show any signs of pain/discomfort when I squeeze his abdomen/chest.

thats what befuddles me: that he doesn't bleat when i squeeze his body, even though something seems to be wrong.

anybody have any sort of advice or thoughts? again, yes, I feel stupid....and worried.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Vet in the morning.

He could be bleeding internally and in pain although if nothing broke there's no focal point to palpate. Do you know how to do shock testing. Press in on his upper gums and see if the color returns immediately as soon as you remove your finger. It should not stay pale, at all.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
I bet he's really mad at you too, and not speaking to you. Keep a close eye, but if he made it through the night he's probably going to be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.