I felt babies!!!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Muddy Creek Farm, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Yippe!!! :cool: I felt Ginger's babies!! They were having a PARTAY in there! Of course Ginger is a big booty head, and hated us touching her belly. This is the first time I am SURE I felt babies! Liz, you were right you can definatly tell the are kids and not the rumen! Anyways I am just so excited!!

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Are you feeling the left side instead of the right side?

Thats great you felt kids!! I never feel them until like a week before they kid :)

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    It is so fun! No I was always feeling under her belly back towards her udder, but more towards the right side. It makes me think that maybe she is due in Feb! She is looking more "poochie" in her chacha, so we shall see!

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    It's exciting isn't it!!! And you got it right, just in front of her udder and towards her right side, unmistakeable. :cool:

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I tell you I have no idea why I can never feel them. In all these years, I have felt babies maybe twice. :shrug: Like I have said before maybe it is because they have so much fiber. :shrug:

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Lori, I'm the same :p

Hmmmmm...... I wonder if I feel in the wrong place, I usually feel directly on the right side, the girls don't usually like me messing under their bellies :p

7. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I put her on the milkstand and feel them ( I feed her while I am feeling) Also I have noticed that they are more active at certain times of the day. Ginger HATES it lol. She is our worst to deal with while clipping too haha.

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    How cool!!!! I haven't tried on anyone except Anna whom I'm not positive has settled yet. Anyway I felt today while she was standing with me for loves. She's got the best personality, actually all 3 of my Buttin'Heads girls do. I didn't feel any babies move though. :(

I'm so glad you did though! At least one of us felt babies!!!!

9. GSFarm

GSFarm New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Fairview, TN
    Its so excting. Ive felt every baby before it comes out. I love it!! It's so amazing!

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Ok just rub it in why don't you ....... first the warm weather and now feeling the kids *pout* ;)

11. GSFarm

GSFarm New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Fairview, TN
    :) I'm sorry. This week we are in the fifties mainly but next week we may go down to the fourties.

Really though it's been so unusually cold this winter. We just got out of the 10s and 20s last week.

12. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Hehe I can't help it *grins*. ALthough I have a LOT of time to wait!!! I ordered a barn cam today, and a farm banner for shows I went crazy, goat shopping lol.

13. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    :) That is soooo cool Chels! I have yet to feel my babies, too. ?? I wonder what I am doing wrong. Oh well.

14. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Well what I do is bump them lightly and then just wait for the movement. Sometimes you have to be really patient :roll:

15. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Yeah I have tried that :roll: LOL! I have tried countless tricks like that :lol: I think my girls just like to keep me from feeling 'em.

16. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Haha, I would also think that if they were overweight that would affect it. Are your girls "round"? :p

17. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    LOL!! Why.. of course not.. hey.. not at all. :lol:! Guilty :D.

18. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Are you sure they are goaties? And not piggies!?!?!? :lol:

19. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Hmm... you have a point. Maybe I should do some bloodwork! Come to think of it.. one of them is named Piggy. And they certainly make the same sounds! :lol:

20. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congratulations!!! That's awesome!!!