I finally found my way!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by PineRiver, Jan 21, 2008.

1. PineRiver

PineRiver New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Michigan
    :cool: Hi everyone! I have finally registered with the site after a long wait to see what happened w/ goatweb. I have changed my name to Pine River. ( aka: MissMelissa on GW) I am happy to see that a lot of old friends have made it to the goat spot. All is fairly quiet at my place, the goats are keeping warm in the barn even w/ this cold snap. My one little kid has grown into a pretty little thing and I am getting' ready to breed one of my 3 does (nigerians) for a spring kidding. To be truthful the last several months have been really low key w/ the goats except this morning I went to the barn to feed and my favorite girl has somehow gotten the runs. It took just a few quick minutes of realizing my goat care skills were not exactly fresh in my head so I thought it would be a good time to have a little backup advise if I cannot get control of her ailment by myself. It is a good feeling to know I have advise just a click away. So far I have given her a dose of pepto bismal, and if that doesn't do the trick I will find my slippery elm and try that. So, again, it is great to be back on a forum, especially in the dead of winter when I have not too many other things going on right now. If anyone has any suggestions on what else I should do for my lil goat please feel free to share. Thanks all!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Welcome to The Goat Spot, glad you have joined us to chat.

Glad to hear things have been going well for you - everything really has been quiet here too - calm before the storm??? who knows

As to your doe, I would check her eye lids. IF they are pale then there is a good chance she is in need of a worming.

The pepto is always my first response so that is good.

Keep us posted and thanks for joining :D

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Glad you found us!!

Pepto is the way to go! And lots of hay for dinner, no grain til it clears up, maybe even try some dry oatmeal, helps to firm up the poo.

4. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Welcome to The Goat Spot!!! I agree with Stacey. I always give my goats with runs pepto....if that doesn't help, I worm them and that almost always clears it up.

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Welcome to the Goat Spot!!

Besides pepto, I would also give them a probiotic since they have the runs.

6. minigi

minigi New Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Hi Miss Melissa/Pine River!! Hey, I caught up with you after all. I changed my name too! Now I'm minigi for michigan nigerians. Did the problem clear up yet? I hope so. I get so worried about all that stuff. I am so worried right now that my goats are way too fat. Hubby has been feeding them so I'm not in control like I was and I think I'm starting to drive him crazy with my bugging him about it! I should do it myself. Oh, well. Mary