I FINALLY have a website...opinions please??

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by 4hmama, Dec 27, 2009.

1. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    I FINALLY have a website for my goats! I looked all over and decided to go with webs.com for now.... If anyone gets a chance and would like to look - please go to http://jchmountainfarm.webs.com and feel free to send me opinions. This is the first time I have done a site, so I will welcome suggestions. Thanks for all of your help!!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Good work :stars: :hi5:

3. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA
  4. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

It's very user friendly. A few typo's and miss-spelled words ;) I like Smokey! Those ears are like mini satellites! :slapfloor:

5. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    Thanks guys! Penny - I didn't find any obvious spelling errors...there are some names that are spelled 'wrong' on purpose, but I'll keep checking... Luckily, Smokey has grown into his ears! :wink:

6. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

The only one I can remember is moon spots being spelled mooonspot...3 o's lol. If remember the others I'll tell you for sure though!

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Nice Job.... :thumbup: :hi5: you should stand proud .... :thumb: :greengrin: :thumbup:

8. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Wow! Its great! I too use webs.com for my website. And I have also designed my communities' website!
    Yours is off to a great start! :clap: :stars:

9. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    I see the three ooo's in moonspots! It is under Sweetheart's description ;)

I love your website!! :)

10. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Wow! I think it's great. :thumb:

11. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Website looks great! Your little Smokey has the cutest little face ever! LOL

Jess
    Faint-Hearted Ranch
    www.faintheartedranch.net

12. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    good job. are you going to get set-up or show pictures?

:thumb:

13. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    Got the mOOOOOOOOnspot problem corrected. :)
    I would like to get some pics with the goats set up, but I don't have any show pics. I would like to show, but don't have the opportunity unless I travel great distances. I do hope to do one day milk testing on a few does though. I think some of my animals could do fairly well in the ring - a lot of them have the genetics behind them - but time will tell.

14. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Yeah I noticed someof the herd names, well known show breeders! I think sites look really sharp and professional when the goats are clipped and set-up. but of course its winter, I'm sure mine would hate me if I trimmed up their fuzzy winter coats!

:thumb: :thumb:

15. Very nice! And great looking goats as well. :thumb:

16. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :thumbup: Great Job! User friendly setup.....and you have a very nice looking herd :hug:

17. Hi, Looks awsome. Love your colors. Really love the goats you have, LOVE the bloodlines.
    You like the same lines as I do :drool: Your goats are beautiful.

Here is a thought, When Ashley was making my site, she added pictures of dams udders etc. and also to the
    pedigrees. I know that when I am searching for a goat, I want to see the moms udders.
    It is alot of work though, I am somewhat of a computer dummy so I had to pay someone.

You have done an awsome job with yours and at the same time saved yourself $$

Paula

18. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Good job,it looks nice :) I noticed on some of your senior does though that the DOB says 2009

19. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    I agree with pics of their udders and their parents/grandparents udders being helpful :) It is always nice to see the genetics, and then easier to understand why you like the bloodlines that you do ;)

It would be worth the extra effort in my opinion :)

20. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Great job. Love the top photo too of the woods and fence line. Nice! Good layout for your goats info and photos. Nice and easy to naviage. Only suggestion I'd have is to lighten the color of the "JCH Mountain Farm" part, it almost blends right into the background brown, a bigger contrast would make it pop very nicely. Otherwise it looks great!