The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a long time coming. Tons of research, fence building, and more research. I finally have goats on the place! (to go with the chickens and horses, dogs, cats, and 1 guinea pig)

The older doe is 11.5 years old. A friend of mine has ND's and placed her with me to keep the baby company. Her name is Melissa May. She is registered, and very sweet.

The little gold baby is Disney! She is ADGA/AGS reg (pending) and as cute as they come!

What do you think? We hope to show Disney in 4H and have a little family milk herd. Oh, and make LOTS of cheese. LOL. We may also try some of the shows. I plan to go down to the Summer Sizzler in Frenchtown this sunday, the 21st to watch and learn as much as I can!!

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think Disney looks like a baby deer! She is too cute. 8) Coming around and starting to learn that petting is nice, and if you come when I call, I'll give you treats!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is Gold a color you don't see as much in ND? I've been looking for a long time, and haven't seen many colored like her.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone!! We are super excited to have started our little dairy herd! Looking forward to fresh milk next year (unless I can find a doe in milk or a bred doe sooner). They are so much fun! I haven't gotten anything done since they got here. LOL. I'm always out playing with the goats! My daughter is 5.5 yo and is teaching the little one to lead on leash, and has a list of tricks to teach her. 8)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Is Gold a color you don't see as much in ND? I've been looking for a long time, and haven't seen many colored like her.
Yes they are quite common, they come in different shades of gold as well. Here is one of our solid golds...little more red/brown than your girl. Your girl is super cute!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts