I got my blood tests back for my herd...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Cinder, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Yippee! I got my CAE and Brucella tests back today and all my goats are negative for both! I knew they were supposed to be or I wouldn't have bought them but it's nice to see the paper that proves it as I took a couple peoples word for it when I bought them.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congrats... that is terrific and fantastic news.... :leap: :wahoo:

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    That's great news!!! Congrats!!! :leap:

4. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Congratulations :leap: :leap: Its nice to know in your head and heart but its even better to have proof on paper.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congrats! I am doing that this spring -- fingers crossed

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats - that is wonderful

7. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Cinder thats awesome! Even tho I knew my herd was clean I went ahead & had the CAE & CL done...you just cant take someones word for it. And I wouldnt expect anyone to take my word either. Not without proof.
    Last year we had a different buck who was tested up the wazoo. I had my girls tested for the first time so when it came time even though I trust these people and they trust me we both looked at each others test results as a matter of protocol.
    Its a good thing...my vet told me people call and ask if certain herds are tested. When I sold two does earlier this year a copy of it went with them.

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Way to go Cinder. Even when you know they are all going to be negative, it is still a really good feeling.