I got the test results back!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by bheila, May 18, 2009.

1. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    All 3 goats were NEGATIVE for CAE/CL and Johnes :wahoo: :stars: This makes waiting for the girls to kid a little less :hair: I couldn't be in a better mood today. Sorry, I couldn't help sharing :greengrin:

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations! That is wonderful news!

Did you draw yourself or did you have a vet do it?

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :wahoo: :leap: :stars: congrats .......that is the best news ........so thrilled for you and the goaties... :thumbup:

4. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Yay! Good news is always the best!

5. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    I did the blood draw myself for the first time :dance: I only got 1cc of blood from Daisy and threw it in the trash. Thankfully I had it wrapped up separately because someone on here(I feel bad that I can't remember now who) suggested to send it in anyway. I'm soooo glad I listened because it paid off and I don't have to poke her again.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Congrats! I was thrilled when I got my results back too :cool:

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Looks like I'm going to need to try that....is it very hard to do? I'd love to have mine tested...but with tight $ I'd only be able to do a few at a time.

8. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    That's great!! Congrats!! :applaud:
    I've given shots before, but I've never tried to take blood on my own. Yet. :wink:

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I had Ashely show me how and out of 4 goats I only did one :oops: I was to scared to do it.

As to how easy - you need two people thats for sure

10. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    I wouldn't say it was very hard to do. It took me 3 pokes with the first goat, 2 pokes with the second and waaaaay too many pokes with the third. I won't even tell you how many times I poked the third :( I felt really bad. I'm just glad they had enough serum in that 1cc I sent in for the third. I would definitely try it yourself before I'd pay the vet to do it. I put my goats in the stanchion while my husband held their necks up for me. I saved a lot of money doing it myself :)