I got the test results back!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by bheila, May 18, 2009.

1. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    All 3 goats were NEGATIVE for CAE/CL and Johnes :wahoo: :stars: This makes waiting for the girls to kid a little less :hair: I couldn't be in a better mood today. Sorry, I couldn't help sharing :greengrin:

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations! That is wonderful news!

Did you draw yourself or did you have a vet do it?

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :wahoo: :leap: :stars: congrats .......that is the best news ........so thrilled for you and the goaties... :thumbup:

4. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Yay! Good news is always the best!

5. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    I did the blood draw myself for the first time :dance: I only got 1cc of blood from Daisy and threw it in the trash. Thankfully I had it wrapped up separately because someone on here(I feel bad that I can't remember now who) suggested to send it in anyway. I'm soooo glad I listened because it paid off and I don't have to poke her again.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Congrats! I was thrilled when I got my results back too :cool:

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Looks like I'm going to need to try that....is it very hard to do? I'd love to have mine tested...but with tight $ I'd only be able to do a few at a time.

8. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    That's great!! Congrats!! :applaud:
    I've given shots before, but I've never tried to take blood on my own. Yet. :wink:

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I had Ashely show me how and out of 4 goats I only did one :oops: I was to scared to do it.

As to how easy - you need two people thats for sure

10. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    I wouldn't say it was very hard to do. It took me 3 pokes with the first goat, 2 pokes with the second and waaaaay too many pokes with the third. I won't even tell you how many times I poked the third :( I felt really bad. I'm just glad they had enough serum in that 1cc I sent in for the third. I would definitely try it yourself before I'd pay the vet to do it. I put my goats in the stanchion while my husband held their necks up for me. I saved a lot of money doing it myself :)