I hate dishonest people - what would you do? - UPDATE

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by mistyblue, Sep 13, 2010.

1. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    I am not sure if I should contact AGS and MDGA or not. She is trying to register him with AGS, ADGA,IDGR, MDGA, NDDA and says that the papers are coming soon.

There is no way that this buck is out of the doe that she is claiming. For one she has his b-day in November, I have e-mails from her stating that the doe died kidding in December and that no kids survived.

This just really bothers me, for one as I used to own the deceased doe. But she is just dishonest, she actually has no ideal who the sire to most of her kids are as she just lets the bucks roam with the does.

2. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    Re: I hate dishonest people - what would you do?

call her out

3. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas

So it would not be wrong for me to call AGS or MDGA?

As far as talking to her, well it does no good. Several people have tried helping her on numerous things and it just does no good. But I could send her a e-mail and give it a try.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

this the same girl that the Kristina dealt with? then yes I would call the AGS and other registries to let them know and provide them with documentation as needed.

5. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas

Yes it is the same girl.

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

well its not going to hurt you to report her so I would do it

7. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas

Well I have called the AGS and they are going to call me back. I am so glad I kept all of those e-mails now.

I really feel bad for doing something like this, I hate being a tattle tale, but it makes me so :veryangry:. It is like a slap in the face to good breeders.

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Don't worry about it....a good breeder... gives you the proper animal with the proper registration..... and knows which animals... it came out of... A good breeder ...doesn't make up paperwork .....to make an extra buck and lie to their buyers...they want repeat customers...
    word gets out quickly and that breeder is only hurting herself.....Goat associations have rules... for a purpose....she is... in the wrong and needs to finally be investigated by the associations..... if she continues to do it her way....and the buyers of all those goats...find out.... down the road that their goats are not legit..... so many breeders... will have bloodlines that they think they have..... to find later... all those buyers will be out and they won't have registered animals after all....it is heart breaking and devastating...to think about.. :hug: You are doing the right thing..... honesty gets you farther than dishonesty... I love your honesty...and concern....now that is legit ...don't lose that ...ever... :hug:

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

dont feel bad -- you are doing the right thing!

10. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas

Thanks guys :hug:

I almost did not bother as I am being told on another forum to not waste my time. That even with all the e-mails from her that it is just my word against hers.

But I feel like something should be said, like Pam pointed out what happens if it comes out later and people has already intergrated them into their herds. I know that I would be devastated if it happened to me.

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

I think AGS would want to keep their dignity too -- I mean if people scam other people using their registry soon their purebred herdbook will not be purebred anymore. And that would be a serious blow to the AGS

12. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas

Was looking through the e-mails again and found where I did not sell her the doe until July 27, 2009. There is no way that doe kidded November 21, 2009.

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

See that.... proof in the pudding.... :wink: :thumb:

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

i agree - I think that you are doing the right thing. I am so tired of dishonest breeders selling animals that are not what they are supposed to be or sick.

15. Mon Reve Farm

Mon Reve Farm New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Southern DE

Mistakes can be made - we are all human - but if someone appears to be dishonest about their breeding, bloodlines, registration it should be addressed.

Maybe the AGS can't do anything at this point but at least they will have a heads up that something may be occurring with how this breeder operates. So I think you were right to contact them.

16. Allipoe

Allipoe New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Harford County, MD

Its scary to report people...but sometimes I think someone has to step up and be a whistle-blower. Just takes a steel spine and strong guts. I don't have those. And I am still a bit nerve-wracked over some dishonesty I have dealt with too. I am hoping its not too prevalent, seeing as how this is the third time I have heard about it. :worried:

17. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas

Ok, I just talked to AGS, who by the way could not have been more helpful or polite. So far they do not show any applications from her, they do not show the doe listed as deceased, and they are going to keep a eye out for any registrations from her.

Also, I have found out that they have had a few problems with her already and are familier with her.

You know I wish she would listen and learn from a experienced breeder and not at 15 think that she knows it all, I think she could end up being a good breeder if she just cared for more than making a profit.

18. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I know for a fact that the bucks all just run with the does; and yes, Delanie was supposed to have died. We did not see her at the property when we went and had tried to purchase Delanie along with Hallie.

Mistyblue contacted me and I gave her the same opinion, REPORT HER. She needs to be shown, over and over again, that what she does is wrong.

I also have the emails (somewhere) concerning all these issues, and will help Misty screenshot this newest lie.

Glad to hear the registry already knows about her.

19. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Wow...what a mess....sorry alot of breeders are getting the shaft over this whole situation ......very unfortunate..... :(

20. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Just for the record, the buck she claims sired that buckling? No way no how. I know for a fact he didn't and I know for a fact he was sold LONG before Delanie even arrived at her farm.

What a load of...