I hate waiting

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by countrymom, Apr 10, 2010.

1. countrymom

countrymom New Member

Apr 1, 2010
    versailles, MO
    I'm waiting on my last doe to kid. She is due today and I thought for sure she would go early. I'm just a little worried about her because she is a FF and my smallest doe. I just want it to be over so I can stop worrying. I am just a wreck....

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    We all worry...that is normal..... :hug: it should be OK .....if you have any problems you can come to us.... we will try to help ...as much as we can.... :wink: :hi5:

Sometimes they go a little longer... :hug:

3. countrymom

countrymom New Member

Apr 1, 2010
    versailles, MO
    Thank you so much for your support. My worries were valid this time. Lil had a very difficult delivery. She only had one foot out and I could feel the head but not the other foot. We tried to get her out and couldn't. Finally called the vet and rushed her in. He tried and decided that her pelvis just wasn't big enough. He did a C-section on her and amazingly enough he pulled out a live little doeling. She was weak but alive. Mom is now doing well and her little doeling is getting stronger. Trying real hard to walk but her front leg that was bent back is still pretty weak. If she could get that leg to work she would have it made. I gave her some nutra drench and got her to suck on mom. I thought I was going to have to bring her in the house but mom is doing such a could job with her I decided to leave her with mom. I'll be doing my two hour checks through out the night but we do have an adorable little doeling. :leap:

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    congrats on the doeling, sorry you had to resort to a c-section though good job knowing what to do!

5. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Congrats on the doeling! Hope your doe has a quick recovery. :)

6. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Oh wow! What an ordeal! Those large single kids can really cause trouble sometimes...I am so glad to hear that mom and baby are doing well :)

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    You are so welcome.... :hug:
    A big congrats on your new doeling....and that mom is doing well.... :thumb: :greengrin: What a miracle..... after mom went through all that and she is still a loving mother.... :thumb: :hi5: