I have A Big Decision To Make.....

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by HollowbeadRanch, Oct 11, 2007.

  1. HollowbeadRanch

    HollowbeadRanch New Member

    Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Well... as some of you already know... we attempted to breed Dixie this last heat cycle, but she did not take. I had planned on having her fixed after that litter, but since she didn't take I am thinking about trying to breed her again. I would really like to have one more litter out of her before having her fixed. I was really kind of thinking about keeping a pup out of her last litter since Dixie is such a great dog and mom... I am really just torn about what I should do.... She has had about a year and a half break from whelping, so I think plenty of time has passed since her last litter for her to be safely bred again (which is why I tried to breed her her last cycle). The first day of her last cycle was June 30th so her next heat cycle will be around the end of December, which would put her whelping late February-early March (which if you know anything about the weather here in AL then you know that it feels like Spring or Fall usually around that time). Which I think would work since I refuse to breed her at a time when she would be whelping during the summer... to much risk with the heat, flies, ticks, and fleas. So what do ya think?? I have included a poll here so please vote. Hubby and I are going to talk about it tonight.... I am really leaning towards trying to breed her one more time.