I have a confession.....

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by liz, Feb 3, 2010.

1. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Besides being a total phsyco over my goats......I AM A TOTAL UDDER FANATIC!

I know my girls are not perfect but I absolutely LOVE to milk, when I see udder pics of all the does on here I literally start to drool! :drool: I have even imagined owning my perfect nigi doe.....Black with little white, blue eyes and an udder the size of a holstein cows :shocked: ...of course with 2 perfectly plumb and plump teats.

Nuts right? :ROFL:

Penny, my 6 month old, has a sister( 2 years old with same parents) that freshened for the first time in mid December with an AWESOME udder....capacious, large teats with good orifices and very nicely attached. I am soooooo hoping that Penny freshens with the same. (Of course I will be waiting til September 2010 to breed her) The suspense is going to kill me! :hair:

Anyone else here willing to confess their obsessions?

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    well seemings how my obsession is not appropriate for a goat forum ..... no just kidding.....

I LOVE a extra long body/neck. That is the first thing that I look at, and then I like to go from there.

3. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    My obsession is just with goats...plain and simple! When hubby and I are out driving or traveling, I'm on the constant lookout for farms with goats.....I have almost made him wreck more then once with my screech of excitement when I see a farm with goaties......I know, I'm not right....hubby tells me all the time!

Today on our hour long drive to the antique auction in the middle of Amish country I did not see one farm with goats! It was a bit disappointing, but they have beautiful horses!

4. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

I have a really bad addiction with 2 things.....

1: This forum....Im seriously on here ALLLLL the time. Its the coolest site EVER!

2: Im sooooooo badly addicted to Goats...Its gotten worse over the years....I need help....And My friends are NOT HELPING!!! some of them are even tempting me into getting more!
    I wont name anyone(pennylullabelle)

5. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    No-I get that-I love black and white goats with blue eyes-and yes-the udder would definitely be a bonus! You're not crazy. I'm getting more and more obsessed by the day and I only just started with Nigis back in September!

6. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    I have one of those too...kids-n-peeps-heehee

7. TinyHoovesRanch

:slapfloor: arent they sooo mean!!! lol
    Tempting poor innocent us!!!

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Shoot a friend of mine started with ONE nigi and wanted a little buckling I had for sale. Needless to say I took her on a "roadtrip" with me and brought her back 4 and let her use my older buck to breed all her nigis - mmmmuuuuuaaaaahhhhHH!

9. TinyHoovesRanch

that totally sounds like me!! I started with 2 goats last year...Now I have 7 :ROFL:
    PLUS!!! im getting 4 more this summer! But Im selling some also even though I dont want too lol

10. kids-n-peeps

kids-n-peeps New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Virginia
    Oh my . . . so not true. I would never encourage anyone to buy a goat. :ROFL:

11. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I hope I can get my husband to catch the "bug"

12. TinyHoovesRanch

bahahahahaha ya so they just magically get ideas without you lol :shrug:

13. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Color...I am a sucker for color.

And seeing as I breed unregistered Nigis for pets mostly, I get away with it ;)

14. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    I am a sucker for paint boer goats and reds!!! I love seeing them born!! Its like opening Christmas presents!! SURPRISE!!! OOOH A PAINT!!!

15. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    what am I obsessed over - oh boy thats hard

right now I have no desire to buy another goat -- honest to God. But yah I guess I would say I love looking at those perfect udders.

Cant wait to see Jbugs and Mochas -- The udders behind Ziva -- OH MY but she wont be bred till Fall 2010 so yah im in that same waiting boat with you Liz

I love to travel -- thats another obsession of mine. Flying or road trip doesnt matter

16. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

I actually have 2 obsessions. Well, maybe 3.

My life long obsession is horses. Loved them ever since I was born.

My second one is dappled boer goats. MAN I love them! Had a few dappled Nubians but they were crazy and Im not a fan of the black and whites which is what they were. But show me a Boer/Spanish dappled doe with a huge frame and Ill give you a million dollars!

My third, and latest obsession, is with Nigerians! We have 5 right now and they're all about to kid! I cant wait! Me and my mom are talking about getting 3 other Nigis soon........So the obsession grows....

17. TinyHoovesRanch

Nigis are AMAZING!!! very addicting!!!

18. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Oh geez. lol

Hmmm...

1. Goats, obviously. Like bad. If it wasn't for registered stock costs, I'd own about 20 of them. Thankfully, my husband likes them about as much as I do. :D
    2. The outdoors. I've got cabin fever sooooo bad. I've actually broke into tears seeing more snowflakes falling the past few weeks. I'm a fan of winter... for the first 2 weeks. Then I hate it. I want spring. I want summer. I want fall. NOW.
    3. Facebook :roll: I use that site wayyyyy too much. I sometimes leave the browser up and signed in, just so I don't miss anything when I happen to walk by the computer while doing chores.
    4. Clean counters. When my husband, father or children leave things on my counters and they look cluttered, I freak. I wish I was the same way about cleaning out my fridge or doing laundry. lol

19. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    [/quote]
    Oh my . . . so not true. I would never encourage anyone to buy a goat. :ROFL:[/quote]

It's great to have good friends! I LOVE my goats-so glad I got them, especially this winter. :leap:

20. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    ME TOO! Find me out there-Hunter Davis