I have a PROBLEM!! *Pics and Update*

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by RowdyKidz, Sep 12, 2009.

1. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I have an obsession! Buying goats! I just had bought that caramel girl who I'm going to pick up after Friday, and THEN I found another one for $325, which is out of my price range at the moment, so I talked to the lady and she's like if you get her soon I'll knock off $25 more...so I'm getting 2 does...soon! :sigh: :scratch: What happened to being done buying for the year?! :shrug: :scratch: :ROFL:

Needless to say...I am having a bit of a herd reduction and am being EXTREMELY acreful on what's retained.

I can't believe I just bought more goats! So much for saving up for a new buck! :doh: :doh: :doh:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: I have a PROBLEM!!

:slapfloor:

I think we all need to wear this :help:

3. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

I know the feeling- we were done buying for the year too after bringing in about 15 new goats this year :shocked: - and then I shipped in two does and a buck from Minnesota :doh:

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

:help:

:slapfloor:

Boy am I glad I have limited time and $.....otherwise I do believe I'd be wearing that too!

5. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

I've gotten 10 new goats this year! I am sooo selling some! We are up to 21! But two SHOULD (I'm really hoping these people don't back out!!!! :pray: ) be going to a new home Saturday. I am sooo rotten! :help: :help: (This smilie is like perfect for me!!)

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

well I have more then I should at 7 does and 2 bucks.

One is sale pending though and then I have one who I may sell with a doe back agreement only! But I hope to retain her till seh kids me a doeling with blue eyes :D

7. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

wow.. and i felt bad that i bought ONE goat this year :ROFL:

8. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

LOL i know the feeling, i got once went to look at a buck, ended up bringing home two does instead, both of which were pregnant with twins.
    I guess this biggest thing is just stay picky with what you want. Just becuase its a good prce doesnt mean its a good deal.
    beth

9. poppypatch

poppypatch New Member

May 30, 2009
    Montesano WA

Guilty too!! Getting ONE more buck after I said no more. A lady in CA offered to trade him for Roxie's son. At first I was thinking there was no way we are getting another buck but then she had to give me his pedigree and photos. No way we could resist the pedigree and that he is bright red with blue eyes. Just keep saying he is a trade for another buckling we have so it isn't like we are buying another buck just making a switch to something not so closely related to our herd.

Shannon
    Poppy Patch Farm

10. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia

Ditto Liz!! LOL!

11. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

Well she's home! :D And doing GREAT! I didn't get alot of pictures (or any) but I'm going to hang ot with her tonight. She's a looker! :greengrin:

12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

You know. You need to say it with me.

Hello my name is RowdyKidz and I am a goataholic. lots of us have admitted to it. It is the first step to going totally goat crazy.

Congrats.

13. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

Thanks. :)

I am RowdyKidz (Tara) and I know and am PROUD to be a goataholic!!! :ROFL: :greengrin: :greengrin:

14. beefy

beefy New Member

Aug 2, 2009
    South Georgia

so far ive been pretty good about not buying goats but thats mostly b/c i'm cheap. lol. i am kicking myself for not getting a couple of goats tho, especially a nice little gentle buck i saw a few weeks ago. :tears:

15. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    So here's a picture of my new girl. :) Her sire's a half brother to the 2009 National Champion buck and her mom's a brown agouti!! :D Plus she has brown points!! :greengrin: :greengrin:

She's overall put together nicely, but I do prefer my Rosie to her as Rosie has a better head and back legs. "Leighanna"'s are a bit cow hocked and she has slighly weak pastures. But still, not too bad. :)

16. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    So here's a picture of my new girl. :) Her sire's a half brother to the 2009 National Champion buck and her mom's a brown agouti!! :D Plus she has brown points!! :greengrin: :greengrin:

She's overall put together nicely, but I do prefer my Rosie to her as Rosie has a better head and back legs. But still, not too bad. :)

Attached Files:

17. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    what a cutie!!!! :cool: congrats

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  19. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Aww....congrats... :leap:

20. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I love her color! And she has wattles!! SO COOL!