I have a teaser!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by kelebek, Sep 8, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    So I have this pygmy doe that I am not for certain on her due date, but I really thought that it was mid August and she STILL has not delivered, although she is as big as a house and can feel the baby/ies. This is my favorite of my goaties and I am so nervous, as this was an accidental breeding (Gabriel got on the roof - broke through the fencing - jumped down 8 feet and bred everything in sight!) This girl had just given birth shortly before (maybe 1-2 months) and she had had a single buckling that passed away when he was 1 month old.

Anyway, I have been watching her closely (she is lowest on the totem pole with only the kids below her) and so she is beat up on a bit and so I give her extra grain and pettings!

Her ligaments are 1/2 way gone (been that way for about 2 weeks now) and sometimes they get real mushy and sometimes they are tight pencils. Her udder is rock hard, but she is showing no sign of delivering. The kid/s are moving in there so I know they are ok. I just want these little ones out to love and squeeze and play with! :ROFL:

Then I have my other Registered doe, Joy, that is due anytime between now and the 19th. I had her with my buck from April 1 till April 19th when he was sold. If she delivers after that, it will be Joe Dirt's kids (kinda hoping for since Joe is no longer a buck). She is my girl that always gives trips or quads, mostly quads - and I already have a reservation for a bottle baby doeling!! Woo Hoo!. Any other doelings born I will be keeping!

After all this, I will be done for the year. No more kiddings!

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Wow Allison, Good luck. It sounds like at my place. I was only going to breed four does, but my bucks had other things in mind. They thought I should pull my hair out again come the first part of Feb. I am watching my little does that were born in Jan and Feb. I am not sure if he got to them or not. I am PRAYING :pray: for the not.

Keep a close eye on her (not like i Have to tell you that), but let us know what and when things go. Hope all is well, and you have healthy babies very soon.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh what fun :roll:

hope Joy was bred by Joe for you!

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hope ( Daisy pygmy????) gives you teeny triplets and Joy too....with at least 1 "Joe Jr."....why did you "do the deed" on Joe?

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Liz - I will send you a pm. I found that Joe's 1/2 brother is down the road from me - and I have an option of using one of his offspring that is not to far away. So I found a GREAT home for him and my Boer Buck. So both the boys will be banded and on their way out.

I think that I am keeping Turner, but for school (working on my Bachelors) and then working full time - I am not sure if I truely am going to keep Turner or not. I will only keep him if I can convince hubby to build a buck pen.

6. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Hopefully you get what you want.

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I'm sure your hubby will comply, afterall he named Miss Mopsy right? I think he has enough of the "goat bug" to build a pen for the little guy :greengrin:

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    yah he loves his flopsy wopsy! LOL! But Turner is a hoot - he meets hubby every morning at the front door (he figured out he was small enough to get out of the fencing) and Flopsy has started going with him! Then when we get home he always tells me to "go get the kids" so that he doesn't accidently run them over. He is such a good man.

Yesterday we spent all day taking loads of hay to the house and you know - for the first time he NEVER complained about it taking the whole day! He made fun of me for picking plums off of the tree for the hay guy - but they loved them! Now his wife said that she will teach me how to can, make jam, AND they are holding the rest of the rounds for us till we get the money for them - so I have enough hay till Spring!!! Even if I bring in MORE!!! And he is giving us some Oat hay for treats for the animals. We made new friends!

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Ahhh.... So it's Flopsy....I knew it was an "OPSY" name!! That's great that you'll have hay til Spring too....I busted my butt unloading hay wagons and stacking it to ensure I could get all the $2.00 square bales I need! And canning...well there's nothing better than homemade jams and jellies on fresh home made bread to go along with the fresh goat milk butter!! MMMMMMM.! I got myself over run with Elderberry picking last month and I'll be maing Elderberry jelly come Wednesday as well as trying my hand at making some Elder berry wine. Great buddies you have made, when you get the cheesemaking down be sure to let them try it too :greengrin:

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    yah, this man is diabetic also, and drinks nothing but goats milk that he trades out with a lady for some hay. To bad, I would have given him some milk :0)

Well, I am working on selling the 2 nigi / boer boys that will be 2 weeks on Tuesday, and maybe even Turner (I sure hope I can convince her to hold off and buy one of Joy's babies) but hubby says "everything has a price". I just hope I priced him high enough! :shocked: