The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My husband brought home a female doe, a few weeks ago, we were told she's 3 moths old. I don't know what breed she is, because the guy we bought her from spoke only Spanish, and I do not speak Spanish. I do know she is a full size breed, and she looks like a Nubian. I was holding her last night, and noticed that her abdomen has become firm, and I can feel something moving around inside, also her utters are starting to bag. I have three other males with her, but they are all withers, so I'm assuming she was pregnant when we got her, because I do know she was housed with bucks. I think she is way too young to be kidding, and I'm afraid she'll die during labor. WHAT SHOULD I DO??? I don't want her to die.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
64,041 Posts
If her udder is forming, she is older than 3 months old. If she is far along in her pregnancy, then the best thing you can do is find a good vet and be ready to call him.

Can you just have her looked over by a vet? It would be better to have someone looking at her in person. We are only guessing by your description over the internet and could be wrong.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a pic of her with my other goats. She's the white one, the two in front are twin boys, they're Nigerian dwarfs, 5 1/2 months old. The bigger one, behind the twins, is a Pygmy, and he's almost 11 months old. I don't know if that helps, in how to measure her up to the other breeds, to determine age.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
64,041 Posts
She looks more like a Boer/Saanan cross to me.

She does look like she is forming an udder. If you really want to know, you could send blood in to BioTracking and have a pregnancy test done. Then you would know for sure.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.