The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My husband brought home a female doe, a few weeks ago, we were told she's 3 moths old. I don't know what breed she is, because the guy we bought her from spoke only Spanish, and I do not speak Spanish. I do know she is a full size breed, and she looks like a Nubian. I was holding her last night, and noticed that her abdomen has become firm, and I can feel something moving around inside, also her utters are starting to bag. I have three other males with her, but they are all withers, so I'm assuming she was pregnant when we got her, because I do know she was housed with bucks. I think she is way too young to be kidding, and I'm afraid she'll die during labor. WHAT SHOULD I DO??? I don't want her to die.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
59,289 Posts
If her udder is forming, she is older than 3 months old. If she is far along in her pregnancy, then the best thing you can do is find a good vet and be ready to call him.

Can you just have her looked over by a vet? It would be better to have someone looking at her in person. We are only guessing by your description over the internet and could be wrong.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a male Pygmy, and he's almost 11 months, and she's about the same size as him, except he's fatter. When we got her, I could tell she wasn't being fed right, because she looked boney.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a pic of her with my other goats. She's the white one, the two in front are twin boys, they're Nigerian dwarfs, 5 1/2 months old. The bigger one, behind the twins, is a Pygmy, and he's almost 11 months old. I don't know if that helps, in how to measure her up to the other breeds, to determine age.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Pics from behind would help in determining if she's bred or not, (pooch and udder) and a clear shot of her horns (it looks like she has horns, hard to tell) might help to know how old she is.:)

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Is she maybe half boer half something else? She just doesn't look full boer to me. But then I am a newbie at this.

·
Super Moderator
59,289 Posts
She looks more like a Boer/Saanan cross to me.

She does look like she is forming an udder. If you really want to know, you could send blood in to BioTracking and have a pregnancy test done. Then you would know for sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I talked to a vet, and we're going take her in on Sat. to get an ultrasound, that way we know for sure if she is pregnant, and then we can take the proper precautions. Thank you everyone, for your input!

·
merryoaks
4,249 Posts
She looks like a Boer cross.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts