The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been calm and patient with spiders living in my old concrete barn..but now its just too much. Every inch of my barn has spiders in it. And I am almost sure they are the poisonous kind. I have had it. How can I kill and repel these nasty creatures. And please dont talk me into leaving them be. I have had it with them. I have heard to put lemon pledge on surfaces where they are and also peppermint oil. Would a peppermint plant work? Please..any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
58,914 Posts
I believe it has to be the peppermint oil.

Do you have electric in your barn? Have you tried the plug in bug/mouse ultrasonic pest repellers? I bet if you put 3 or 4 in your barn, it will help.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
I understand EXACTLY where you are coming from but, before you get too carried away with killing/driving them out, you might want to consider how many flies they are killing and have prevented from making new little flies. What do they look like? I have a couple of sheds that are spider havens. As far as I can tell, my spiders are just garden spiders of some sort. I did nearly have a fit when I found one in the house, though. To make it worse, I think he hitched a ride in here on me. <shudder> Trapped him and turned him loose in the lilac bushes and life is good again. :laugh:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked up brown recluse...and thats what they look like. :eek: they dont look like the wolf spiders in my house...they are brown and smaller and some of them have big fat bodies but small legs.

·
4-H Secretary for Life ^.^
985 Posts
Oh my.... roughly how many would you say there are? Maybe there's a more humane way to kill them...

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Erica do you just spray them with it?? I have tons of spiders in places I would rather them not be lol! And I hate squishing them! :p

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Same here lol! I go in the house.. "Dad... There is a big spider on my milk stand.. Can you come squish it?"*bats eyes* lol! :laugh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts