I have met AlaskaBoers

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by toth boer goats, Jan 1, 2009.

1. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    We were visited by Katrina .....I am so thrilled to of met Alaska boers and Family...they are terrific,friendly...and beautiful people,one family and a million , we loved talking with them and wish we could of visited longer... :( ....But they had to travel a very long way...actually they have been driving a very long way....Katrina and family are on vacation.....but, I will let her tell that wonderful tale...I was excited, when they asked ,if they could drop by....... :shocked: :cool:
    They have been almost every where...LOL.....Any wayz.....Katrina wanted to visit and check out our goaties.....Thank you Katrina & family..... we loved your visit ,thank you for stoppin in.... :thumbup:
    wow .........Alaska visited us... in California !....... I thought ,I would share with all of you.... :leap:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats really cool! i was wondering why we hadnt heard from her in a little while.

3. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    How fun! I'm glad ya'll got to meet up.

:stars:

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    hi! yeah, were in Medford, OR right now, we drove from Seattle, to Grants Pass, SanFrancisco (pier 39), Oceanside Ca, (there we saw Disney land, and San Diego Zoo), Tucson AZ (relatives), Kingsman AZ, Las Vegas Nevada (crazy place, never saw so many people), Fresno CA, stopped by Pams place, and on to Medford, we will be back in AK on Sunday.

havin a grrreat time! at pams; we saw some great animals, my family and i were totally impressed by the size of the bucks, at six months old they weighed 136 (ish) pounds! cant wait to get mine and start over with boers, the buckling will change the entire alaskan boer goat community..not to put too much pressure on it...lol. But i'm really sure i will be shipping up a nice buck named "Jack Frost"... :love:

Lovin' the change of scenery also, we've seen redwoods, the ocean (1st time), mountains, mojave desert, las vegas lol, and lots of AG.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sweet sounds like a TON of driving but oh so much fun!!

did you fly into somewhere or drive down this way?

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    we flew into seattle, and drove the rest.

7. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Wow, fun all the way around. AB you're getting to see some good places and nothing like seeing places for the first time.

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    thank you Katrina.. ..you are the best...:hug: ..
    you want to know ,what is weird ,but is a miracle....We have been having really cold weather,everyday prior to your visit, the day you stopped by, it was suppose to be cloudy... ready to rain....when you and your family visited.....the weather was beautiful .. :love: ..sunny...with a nice warmth.......as soon as you all left..................guess what ........it clouded up immediately.... :scratch: ..you all are special...and brought a ray of sunshine.... :sun:

9. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    That is so cool you got to meet!! :D

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    thanks.... it was a very neat experience.... :)

11. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    thats neat pam! glad y'all enjoyed the sun for a while. it sure was nice there, around 50 degrees? very sunny. goats everywhere, and they were H-A-P-P-Y goats too!

how much acreage do your does have?. after i saw your goats, I am planning to fence in an acre this spring for the goats, no pasture though, they'll have to do with the wild roses and birches. :) lol. Dad says he's going to make one of those metal goat 'totes' that fit in the back of the pickups.

:) happy holidays

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Yes...... we did enjoy the sunshine...Alot :)

That is neat ...your dad wants to build a tote....... it will help you guys out alot.... :)

We have 10 acres,but 8 acres are fenced for the goaties.... Even if your goats do not have lush pasture,,they will appreciate being able to run around a stretch there legs.... :)
    It helps make "HAPPY GOATS"..LOL :leap:

13. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    That would have been awesome to meet someone from online, sounds like you had alot of fun.

Is the metal tote thing an idea you got from Pam? Just curious, if so, would you mind post a picture of it Pam? I would really appreciate it.

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It is actually a cage, but I also found... it works nicely, as a bonding pen.....the door slides ......left to right .....to open and shut...there is no bottom on it....
    My DH made it to transport Big bucks or a few does with babies if need be...
    You flip it up right ....back up the pickup lean it against the tail gate and push it in ...so easy a cave man can do it... :greengrin: :wink: :ROFL: ...fits in a long bed pickup.... DH welded it together.... :)

Of course he builds them and sells them to..... :thumbup:

15. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    See, I was wondering, because we bought cut panels to make one similar, and we had panels for all four sides, top, and bottom. Well we put it together with steel clips and when we went to put it in my moms pickup it wouldn't fit. So we used smaller scrap pieces we had, but we didn't have one for the bottom (thank gosh), Mind you we also had a cage of pigeons and two cages of rabbits in the back end too, besides the goat. We tied the corners of the cage down, and wrapped it with a tarp and secured that down so the goat wouldn't get scared. Well we were driving down the gravel road, and a gust of wind picked up and the tarp blew off - twice, so we finally got it secured by tieing the tarp through the cage, and again onto the pickup. Well we were driving down the tar road, and a HUGE gust of wind came, the ties (rope and tarp straps) broke at the corners of the cage, and the whole thing blew out of the end of the pickup. The worst thing was, is that the rope tied to the tarp, didn't snap, so it was dragging behind the pick up, sparks were flying everywhere, and the cage (made from cattle panels) scratched and dented the back of my mom's new pickup. Miracously the goat was completely unharmed, if she had her head or even legs through the panel or something when it flew off I don't think she would have made it.

So thats why I was curious..

Oh and this all happened quite a while ago, now we transport them inside the vehicle..

16. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i just bought the one they sell from nasco.. its blue and like 6 ft.. works great.. i can fit 8 minis or 4 boers easy

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow Amos ...you had a heck of a time with it...didn't you... :shocked:

SDK that is a good one .....sounds roomy.... :)