I have returned....finally

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by mistyblue, Jun 17, 2009.

1. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    It felt like I was never going to be able to get back. I hope I have not missed to much, will be reading through the forum later to try to catch up, I was only able to pop on a few minutes at a time every now and then.

We are now offically moved and I have started the unpacking progress. You know the one where I yell "where is such and such" his response is "in a box somewhere" so I go looking for and get mad and just unpack the stupid box.

My SO's back surgery went well, he is up and moving around, even went back to work last week. We still have alot to do and I need to take pictures for everyone, Ginger our LGD puppy has just gotten huge, and all the babies are growing like weeds.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congrats on the move. unpacking is no fun!

3. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    LOL tell me about it, it took me 3 days to find the remote to the tv and I still have no clue where all my coffee cups are. :shrug:

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Welcome back!!! :cool:

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    must be so frustrating, I moved out for some remodeling and then I moved back in and wow that was quite a chore. We have never moved but i have helped others and most recently my sister and her husband. We tried to lable everything - or i should say I tried to label everything, she wasnt as good with it but it certainly came in handy when she was looking for something of the stuff I packed

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    welcome back.... :hug: ..I am glad the move is finally done....now hopefully... you can relax :cool: ....because I know.... it is alot of work...... :hug:

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH moving is NO FUN at all. I feel like I need to move just to get if some of the junk we have accumulated. The next time we move (if we ever do) I will be down sizing big time because we will not have any kids to take with us. :tears:

Welcome back and don't forget pictures (After you fine the camera :hair: )

8. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Welcome back! Moving aka :GAAH:! Kudos for surviving it.

:slapfloor: :hi5:

9. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    Oh I see a garage sale in my near future. I cannot believe how much stuff (junk) was crammed into a 2 bedroom apartment.

Camera has been found and pictures will be taken this weekend. I want to get some of the new house as well. As for labeling boxes, that I was doing, friends helping me pack, not at all. So lots of boxes with no label, and still cannot find my coffee cups, I like had 20-25 of them.

10. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    *Laughs* I totally understand! We had a tiny 2 bedroom 2 bath, and when we moved into our big 3 bedroom 2 bath house (with a garage) we were still able to fill the house with furniture, and filled the garage so we couldn't park in it! How did THAT happen? It's like it bred or exploded when we moved!

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Been there, done that!!!

It's been 12 years since and I still have boxes of "whatever" in the closets!

12. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention, we have a big storage shed/guest house, a big well house, "little" shed, and a barn that are filled up too!
    I want to move to a big acreage, but I don't want to move too, because of all the "stuff." And I can't part with a lot of it, because of my art... Large kiln, boxes or reference photos, canvases, you name it, I have it.

13. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    It would not hurt my feelings to never move again. I swear those boxes are breeding in those spare rooms.

And once again I still cannot find my D#$* coffee cups, what did they grow little coffee legs and runaway??