I Just Bought My First Billy......... (this time around) ...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Native87, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Native87

Native87 New Member

I just purshased my first billy since I had to sell my whole herd almost two years ago today. I am really happy and at the same time, scared. I loved my little 15 goat family sooo much when things got so damn bad I had to let them go. I have had several heartbreaks in my life. Some were my own fault and I have readily admitted it. I don't want this "new" start to go south just like alot of my other dreams have.

I wasn't even "planning" on buying a goat today. I just wanted to look at them at a local farm supply store. When I got there........ I was overwhelmed by the sights and YES the smells. I got there JUST at feeding time. Was I lucky? Me and the store owner went out with the feed and I was totally hit with a brick. There were two billys. One was the "Big Daddy" the pygmy king I guess and his son (no name) yet? no name is 7 months old.

What got me was that this younger version was the (almost) exact twin to Chinquapin Ridge "Lucifer". My farm name and my good friend Lucifer.

These goats may be as common as sand grit. But I do know that. Lucifer was not common in my mind. More to come this is emotional crazy stuff and Dad isn't supposed to cry.

2. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Congrats! Can't wait to see pics!

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH Never go to the store and look if you can't buy. :lovey: You just fall for at least one and you just have to give in to the urge.

Congratulations and I can't wait to see him.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is always exciting...........congrats ...can't wait to see pics..... :greengrin:

5. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Pix pix pix!!! Congrats :D

6. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Congrats!!! I can't wait to see pics of your new buck!!!!! Did you get both or just the buckling?