The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen alot about how Nigerian dwarfs are being bred to alpines etc. I have some alpines and I have some dwarfs. When I look at the difference in size.....how in the world does the little dwarf manage to breed a big girl like that? :lol: I have a Nubian doe that I was told is large for the breed, and she is a big tall girl. She is in heat and is currently so "in love" with the dwarf, it's quite funny to watch actually. As a height comparison his back maybe goes as high as her under belly. So how in the world do they pull this off.....? She is so in love with him that I even gave him a wooden box to stand on lol but I have yet to see him manage to get everything where it needs to go:ROFL::ROFL::

·
Super Moderator
14,767 Posts
This guy wanted his made to have a mule so he dug a ditch and waited till she was in heat and held her while she was in the ditch and turned the jack out.....I guess you could go that way

·
Super Moderator
32,154 Posts
I currently have four Saanen does in with my nigerian buck ( not all at once lol)..I put a tire with a board on top...he figured it out..not sure he got the job done yet...we will soon find out if they come back in heat...if they do we will hand breed, meaning...hold the doe where she needs to be,, lead Bleu to his platform and let nature take it course...its how mini breeds get started : ) and those little guys can be quite eager!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's really quite funny to see :) I apparently now have 3 does in heat, or nearing so. They are all following the little guy around flagging him and loving him all up. I gave him wooden boxes to stand on but the girls are following him so badly that when he gets on the box so do they lol :)

·
Super Moderator
32,154 Posts
they'll figure it out...mine did the same thing...they can be eager as well lol.

·
Registered
625 Posts
well so far my baby buckling is too shy as well... then again he is only 11.5 weeks old.... he tends to hang close to the herd queen but more like in a "you are my mama" kind of way.... he only goes up to her knees right now....tiny...

·
Registered
590 Posts
It's really quite funny to see :) I apparently now have 3 does in heat, or nearing so. They are all following the little guy around flagging him and loving him all up. I gave him wooden boxes to stand on but the girls are following him so badly that when he gets on the box so do they lol :)
That's how I got my gaited pony. A large sturdy wooden platform and his pony girlfriend on the other side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.