The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We came home yesterday after looking at this young lady (6 years old, approx. 14 hh) who will, depending on a vet's exam if she's sound, be helping us with all the chores around the goats in the years to come.

She's a Highlandpony called Laudine, has basic training under the saddle and a sweet nature. She isn't easily spooked or roused but can also have her own head. As soon as she understands what is asked of her she does it without a fuss.

One of the best things is that Thomas, who wants to learn to ride for years now but has been kept from it because of his fear of heights (and sitting on a horses back is already "height" for him) sits on Laudine without fear. She also took an immediate liking, I believe she thinks: "I just bought myself a human" ;)

There's still more training to be done with her, she hasn't have much in the last 6 months or so and I think me and her will have a discussion or two.

It has been years since we had horses and I'm quite giddy about having her around soon.

· Banned
849 Posts
Wow, isn't she cute! You may have to have an extra-wide saddle for that one! She looks like the sort of easy keeper that should last for years and years and be friends with the whole family. I hope she works out for you!

· Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nanno said:
Wow, isn't she cute! You may have to have an extra-wide saddle for that one!
you bet. Sitting on her feels like sitting on a very comfortable sofa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.