I just need a breath of fresh air!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by bheila, Aug 24, 2009.

1. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    For the last week ever since I got the test results back from WADDL and Ginger was positive for Johne's I haven't been able to feel like I can catch my breathe :sigh: I feel like my head is spinning in circles and I don't know what to do. Is this what it's like to be depressed? I'm so tired of crying :tears: and feeling helpless. I don't really know why I'm posting this except I know some of you will know what I'm talking about. I used to enjoy having my goats so much before but now they're just stressing me out :hair: Thanks for listening to me whine :hug:

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    :hug: aww sorry your going thorugh this all

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Whine all you want!! We all have good shoulders to lean on and lots of :hug: to share.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That's what we are here for ....to help people and goats.. :hug: ...we never get tired of lending an ear... or a shoulder to cry on....we are here for you....never feel ....you can't come to us....for support or advice.... :( :hug:

My heart goes out to you. :( ...it is ....so devastating.... :hug:

5. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    You are going through a very stressful time, so please never apologize for posting, for whatever reason you need to talk. You are not whining, when you are just expressing how you are feeling. We will always be here, as often as you need us. :hug: :grouphug:

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I'm so sorry! Hugs to you and Ginger! :hug: :hug:

7. citylights

citylights New Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Deep breath! Nothing has to be decided today. Try to let some of the pressure off of yourself. Just one day at a time...

8. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    That's the most wonderful thing about this site.... you can post your feelings, fears, frustrations, etc. and no one is going to tell you things that 'non-goat people' would, like "get over yourself" or "they're just goats for crying out loud" ........ because we understand :hug:

Wish I could take your worry away for you, but all I can say is "this too shall pass" so for now, let go and let God...... and don't forget to enjoy you're goats. After 10 minutes with them, you'll remember why you're hanging in there.

9. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    though no where near the devastating news of Johnes I was going through a difficult time back a couple years ago till last year. IT just seemed like one thing after another with teh goats, couldnt get rid of cocci couldnt get rid of worms etc. Then this year I was doing great till my goats caught a cough and it has been a battle to get rid of it. And each time I am like "is it worth it?" the answer -- I dont know. But I keep on because I am not a quitter at least for now. At some point I may give in and say I cant do it anymore. But despite the insanity they give me they do give me joy and I do find a purpose in my life.

11. powderhooves

powderhooves New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    I understand. Sometimes the sorrow overshadows the joys. Try to take one day at a time...moment by moment....because that's really all we have. You and Ginger are in my thoughts and prayers.

Blessings!

12. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    I'm trying very hard to take it day by day :) I actually went to the mall with my husband and kids today for the first time in 13 years(I have major anxiety issues, so I must be making some progress).

I wanted so bad to have goats for breeding and milking but they may just end up being pets and that's okay I guess. Not that I would love them any less.