I kept my promise

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by StaceyRosado, Jul 28, 2008.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    It has taken me almost an entire year to do so but I did it.

I am down to 5 goats just as I promised my mom. :greengrin:

Today Tanzy and Presto took a ride with me to meet Julie. When we met up we "swopped goats" as I was the ride for two goats she sold to some buyers here in NJ.

I arrived home and one of the goats, Mika had been purchased by the same lady who now has Misty. She also purchased Destiny

I feel a little sad but not really. Makes me wonder how attached I really am to them :scratch: I mean I love them all a lot or I thought I did, I dont know. I guess I figured I would be upset to see them all go especially since Presto is my bottle baby. :sigh:

But knowing they have good homes I guess is what makes it easy. :shrug:

There was a time when selling Destiny seemed like cutting off my arm.

maybe it was "easy" because I want so bad to honor my promise to my mom, or because I really want Angie to be able to fit in (less goats to have to deal with) or because I miss having time to spend with each of them.

Whatever way you look at it I am happy to have my little herd of 4 does and a wether. I better go and update my blog as it says 6 does and a wether

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Stacey, it doesn't make it any easier but you know they have good homes and it was really nice of you to not only deliver those babies but also take one back with you. Hope you had an enjoyable trip and I can't wait til Julie gets her puter fixed so we can see how they grow. Destiny went to her home with a "familar" goatie waiting for her so I'm sure she'll be just fine. :hug:

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Congrats, I don't know how you did it. I am sure you are just relieved that there are less goats to worry about. I know I would be. I also wasn't really sad when two of my wethers left the other day. I knew they had a great home. I am sure you felt the same for yours. :)

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    it was so cool to go out today and know that I can handle what I have -- so yah Ashely that kind of is it.

I still feel bad for Angie as Jasper beats up on her for NO reason at all. :angry: Still trying to work out a plan for that. Anyway she now gets the hay feeder to herself :greengrin:

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    You know, sometimes I think that too but its not that I don't love them, its that I restrain myself from getting too attached to ones I know are leaving. Make since? Ones I'm definitely keeping and never see myself selling are ones that I have a harder time letting go.

Sometimes its quite hectic with tons of babies running around so its a relief when some start going on to their new homes because the normal quiet or more laid back routine can come around again.

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats why I decided to keep it at 5 goats and only 4 does. I cant handle lots of kids. I get overwhelmed. And I want to get attached to the ones I have now. To bond with Angie and with Sweet Pea a little more. We need this down time to just enjoy eachother

7. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Yes I agree. My retained girls are looking so good. I love watching them grow up but I'm glad the ones who were sold have since moved on. I don't mind fresh babies every so often in the off times though. That's cool too.

8. susanne

susanne New Member

Nov 12, 2007
  9. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I know what you mean about not feeling sad about selling them. I feel bad about not feeling bad - if that makes sense.

10. babe817

babe817 New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Hi, sorry you had to cut down.. im glad you where able to in the end.. even as hard as it would of been.. i still have to cut down.. but i cant choose between them.

11. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Having just sold my little filly, I do understand both the relief (one less worry and a lot less poop to clean,) versus the sadness (I wonder how she's doing and is she the best I ever had?) I was lucky as I keep getting blow by blow reports on the one I sold- my firend got BIT by the little snot- oh well, I did warn her that she needs to know who is boss.

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I might have kept my promise but..................I saw another goat :roll:

I was told to "step away from the goat" by a friend :slapfloor: