I know.....be patient!!!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Sarah, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Sarah

Sarah New Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Olive, Oklahoma
    I have a boer that is due ANYTIME.. (I think).....I noticed she was bagged up. Not tight but full. Her ligs are gone (if im doing it right). And her little girl part was swollen. (not a ff). All this I noticed on feb. 27th. She is still the same, maybe a little more swollen and when she lays down it kinda lays open a little, and she is bagged up more, still not tight. My husband bought her for me when i was gone on a camping trip with my family back in sept. So we know nothing of background on her or the 2 others that came with her. last monday I noticed her belly looked sunk in but not sure if it was just hopeful thinking so I sent a pic to a friend and she said definitley sunken in since the night before. I can see the babies moving and feel them. Her belly is tight underneath. I dont know how to tell if her teats are full. And I do not know the due date. She was exposed to our buck from October to January. I know now it was a mistake to do it that way. So anyway, I know they are coming and coming soon I am just running myself ragged and need some reassurance I think....lol! But I just had a doe deliver stillborn twins on March 5th so I am so worried. Anybody have an opinion, advice, or someone just tell me to shut up and stop being a big ol baby!?!

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Oh Boy! Sounds like you have a very wide margin as a "due date"...She can go anytime from now til May but if you've noticed changes going on, and they are happening in rapid course, she likely is going to deliver sooner than later. Sorry I can't be of much help, I leash breed my goats so I know exact due dates and once they start to show certain signs...like uddering up quickly or attitude changes, I know I have a minimum of a 10 day span to see kids.

Don't worry about "worrying"....we all do it and are here for each other in those :hair: times! :hug:

3. tomie

tomie New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Ohio
    I understand what you are going through completely... I am new to all of this and I am new to this forum. I am worried that I am driving people crazy asking questions (even though everyone has been so nice and willing to help). I had a goat that kidded twins, and then a goat have a baby that was still born and now I have a goat that I am not sure when she is due but she is showing signs. After losing the one baby I feel like a crazy person because if she needs help I want to be there to help her.

4. Sarah

Sarah New Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Olive, Oklahoma
    Thanks for all the support! I'm new to the forum too and feel like I am driving people crazy too! I am so nervous! I have canceled so many family plans just to be her if she needs me! I got a little hasty on the "I want babies!" thing and now I regret it. I will be monitoring and making sure I know due dates from now on!! But I still havent gotten down the estrus thing. I just cant tell!!! Its not like I am not with them enough.....I am with them every day most of the day. I go out there for a minute and find it has been an hour or two....three and there goes house cleaning and having dinner on time! lol! I have noticed that she is a bit more clingy to me and more grumpy to the rest of the herd though. She seems to look at me like "you arent leaving me are you?"

5. tomie

tomie New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Ohio
    I know it is sad the way they look at you because you know they are uncomfortable. The doe I have now I thought was due in November because I bought her at a sale and I thought she came in heat a month after I brought her home with my buck... lol well I think she was bred at a sale. I am going crazy watching her. I felt so guilty when my little doe lost her kid. I cried I felt like if I would have been here then he might have made it and I could have helped her. So now I am looking at Rosie every 5 or 10 minutes just to see if anything has changed. She probably thinks I am nuts. lol. My first doe kidded while I was at church and had twins fine. So I am praying that Rosie will do good. So I understand completely and it is nice to know that I am not the only one that does this and feels this way... lol

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It is stressful..... not knowing a Due date..... I know how you feel... :hug:

7. Sarah

Sarah New Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Olive, Oklahoma
    I am already making my full proof plan of making sure I KNOW when its gonna happen!! I will be marking my bucks, checking my does, and logging everything in my books!
    I have been trying to upload pics of her but it wont let me so far because I live so far out that we only get dial up.. I will keep trying.

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  9. tomie

tomie New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Ohio
    I was just wandering if you have had any babies yet? I am still waiting on my doe. Everyday I think oh yay today is going to be the day... lol well today has not came yet. I hope that your doe has kidded and you are not going through the same thing as me still.

10. Sarah

Sarah New Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Olive, Oklahoma
    Tomie, Thanks for checking up on us! Lady has not had her babies yet! I dont think she is ever going to have them! I check her so often that my 18 month old daughter now goes up to the goats and lifts their tails before she pets them!!!!!It is the funniest thing! She hasnt changed in days. We had two small storms come through and I thought for sure the quick weather change would do her in! No! She is holding fast!!! How is your doe? Showing any more signs at all?

11. tomie

tomie New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Ohio
    lol no my doe is holding them in until christmas I think. lol. I cannot get anything doen because I am constantly sitting up there because in my mind I am thinking she can change any minute. We have had a couple storms also and I thought that it would happen. nope I was wrong. She had a couple days with a massive amount of discharge and I would sit there waiting. My cousin called the other night and said the her goat had twin bucklings. I was so jealous. I really want does but at this point I would jump up and down for bucklings. I went out there petting her the other day telling the babies to come out that their grandma wants to meet them. Ugh I am starting to think that I have scared the babies or something. lol. If I go to the store I will leave my 13 year old here and I call him every 15 minutes and tell him to go check on her. lol. maybe we will both have them today. lol

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you two crack me up

Hope you get kids soon

13. tomie

tomie New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Ohio
    lol thanks Stacey

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  15. Sarah

Sarah New Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Olive, Oklahoma
    OK, so her bag is filled up more over the last few days to the point it is tight and almost completely hard. Yesterday and today we found her with a thin line of discharge hanging down about an inch then another hanging from her pooch to her udder. Discharge colors have been either white, clear or today it was yellow looking but I think it was just because it was dried upon her. So I have been taking pictures for reference everyday and I was wondering about something. I do not shave her udder. Am I supposed to? And why? I have realized that it would be easier to see but I dont want to stress her out by shaving her.

16. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    She sounds really close now....

You don't have to shave them....I don't..... :wink:

17. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I trim the hair around the rear end, lower tail and udder if it's long just so when they kid, all the goop doesn't stick to the long hairs. Their tails can get pretty nasty...so the less hair the less it sticks IMO.
    I trimmed my doe who is due in a month, but OMG she is soooooooooooo HAIRY LOL I think her hair was about 3-4 inches long <boer doe>. You couldn't even see her udder! I'd probably never have known if her udder was ever strutted hehe.....
    I'm not sure why everyone shaves, but I'd assume it's for about the same reason, but also many seem to have show goats and want that udder to look good and be totally 'viewable' since the udder is very important in dairy & show goats :)

18. Sarah

Sarah New Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Olive, Oklahoma
    OK. That all makes since. I just noticed that I couldnt really get a good look at my boer does udder and just got curious. lol! Didnt want to miss something I was supposed to be doing! Thanks alot to both of you!

19. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California