The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now some of these does do not have ideal teat placement, but this is how rear udder attachments should be.
Note how high and tightly the udder is attached. You do not want a doe with loose attachments, they will only get looser with the more freshenings she has had.
Choose a milker with this kind of strong attachments and choose one with centered teats if showing is in the does future.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No, it's just because the short time I have been on this forum, there is a lot of questions about udder attachments. So hopefully this was to clear up and questions anyone had as to weather or not their doe had nice rear attachments.
Plus the Sticky thread had links you had to click, this is easier for everyone.

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,681 Posts
Okay, sorry. I just realized what I posted was rude.... I would delete it if I could.

Thank you for posting this! It does help. :)

·
Registered
17,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, sorry. I just realized what I posted was rude.... I would delete it if I could.

Thank you for posting this! It does help. :)
Haha, no problem. Hopefully I can dig up some pics of does with better teat placement! :)

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,681 Posts
Some of those does have good placement! I think, anyway! Although I am NO expert. At all, really. :)

Thank you for accepting my apology. I feel really bad about that.

·
Registered
17,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didn't find hardly any pics yet, but here is a few. Actually the black doe in the first set of pics had nice placement, and so did the bottom pic, but her teats were off in size...
The last doe had great attachments and nice teats but a small udder, but she was a star milker.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some of those does have good placement! I think, anyway! Although I am NO expert. At all, really. :)

Thank you for accepting my apology. I feel really bad about that.
It's not a problem, you are forgiven, lol. I was never upset, it's ok. :thumbup:
Yes some did have centered teats, but some teats winged out.

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
10,704 Posts
Very nice udders! One of my (now retired) does has very nice attachment, that is why we are keeping her buckling intact. Nigerians seem to be lacking in that area sometimes.

·
Registered
17,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She looks to need a little more strength in the rear attachments at the escutcheon (mostly on the left side), and the left side is bigger than the right (are you milking her completly out on that side?) She could use a bit more centered teats, and they look like they wing out a bit.
She has a nice medial suspensory ligament
Nice capacity
Nice udder depth
Smooth, no lumps or bumps

Not a bad udder, just a bit lop sided and could use more strength.

·
Registered
17,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The medial seems a bit crooked (could be from still being a bit lopsided), and her rear attachments could be a bit tighter. But other than that, nice udder. It will probably even out more with more milkings though, since it's still a bit lopsided.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts