The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dear 9 yr old GT has passed away - I am just heark broken :(

He was pretty much back to 100% after rut and his tooth issues/dental work he had done.His bloodwork was still a bit of a mystery though, but he looked and acted great.

Then early Sunday morning it appears as though he had a heart attack while peacefully sleeping....

I'm very sad...and now i really can't wait to see his kids. I'm not sure how to go about getting a new buck for next year - i need to start thinking about that now i guess.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
I am really sorry about your loss. It sounds like he went peacefully, and that is by far the best way to go. :hug: from Sweet Goats.

Can't you use one of his babies as your new buck?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I am sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers to help you with your loss and to make the right decision when it comes to getting/keeping a new buck. HUGS!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone ! This is very hard for me - i knew it would happen eventually, but he was just acting so great and looked awsome, i didn't expect it, i really miss him.

I don't want to use his buckling(s) as a herdsire as my does are only NOA so his bucklings can't be registered, but if i buy a nice buckling from somewhere else, i can keep more of his doelings that i get this spring.

this really hurts :+(

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is very comforting to know that he died in peace though, and that he didn't suffer. He was also buried so that he will be in the new doe pen once it is finished, so will always be with the girls.

I also have to hand it to my DH - as he was emotional as well, but still took care of everything for me, including digging a large grave in frozen ground by hand.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm so sorry that you had to lose him! I hope you will be able to find another one who of course will never take the place of the one you lost, but will make a place of his own.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Oh im so sorry! I know how much you loved GT. I know he was happy when he passed on. He was well loved and well taken care of. I read the post and ran down to the barn to give chrome a hug and tell her. I know she didn't understand and looked at me like i was crazy (she doesnt like hugs much) But he will live on in his daughters. I have my fingers crossed that you will get lots of lavender does in the spring.
beth

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everybody, it really means a lot to me to be able to post about my loss and have people understand me.

I'm still in shock and feel pretty empty, but i know he went quick and painless, and will always be ablet to be with his girls now - and now i really know that my DH loves my goats too - well and me :+)

Beth - thanks for the giggle your post gave me :+) I can't wait to get a doeling from him - please do keep your fingers crossed for me. I may just keep them all ( the doelings i get that is ) since i will have to buy a buckling now instead of the doeling i wanted. I did however email Kara Kahl to see if i could transfer my deposit to a buckling instead, and i can, so what do you think of a buckling from Aware/Xanto ?

This is hard - at least i have his kids to look forward to starting in Feb.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
oh I am so sorry to hear that, what a loss for you. He was a nice handsome fellow. :hug:

I hope you get a couple daughters from him, that would be such a blessing for you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts