I lost my Georgie-boy :(

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by RowdyKidz, Feb 10, 2010.

1. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Unfortunately, yesterday I lost my George. My beloved, swwet, stubborn George. My grandfather had been in the hospital and my grandmother (who has a severe memory loss) would do chores despite us telling her. She even gave so much hay George had bloated. We got him back to normal and he was back to 100% the same day.

He was his usual self Monday, then Tuesday morning I saw him lying under the hay feeder barely breathing. I believe when he was recovering from bloat when his immune system was down, he caught something silent and the crazy cold and all the snow coming into the barn did him in. Before our vet could make it out, he was gone. :tears:

I loved George, even though I didn't have him long. He was a dork, but I loved his antics. I am just so heartbroken and sad not seeing him in the barn now.

I feel it's my fault for not doing anything when he was bloated...I feel so horrible. It's things like this that make you question why you raise animals. I just cannot stop crying...This is killing me.

I am lucky enough, though to have his wethered son Rebel and doeling Angel, not to mention I expecting his kids out of Venus and Kookie. I just pray that Venus gives me healthy George babies.

RIP George, we loved you very much!
    4-17-07 to 2-9-10

Attached Files:

2. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss...Prayers for you:(

3. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    :hug: :hug: :hug:
    He was sure a handsome boy!!
    I am so sorry you lost him!!

4. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

He was very pretty, :cry: Im really sorry hes gone. Things happen, this WASNT anyones fault! :hug: :hug: :hug:

5. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Oh, Tara, I'm sorry. Don't blame yourself though. Sometimes, things just happen.

6. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    I am so sorry! He was a handsome boy. :hug: and prayers to you and your goat family.

Sometimes things just happen, and all we can do is our best... obviously you loved him and cared for him, and for some reason, it was just his time to go...

7. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

I'm so sorry for your loss!! :hug: He was a beautiful guy.

8. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I am sorry for you loss - what a handsome chap - I don't usually like the look of bucks - but he was gorgeous.

9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :( Aww, Tara, I am so very sorry :hug: Your handsome boy will live on with his babies. :hug:

10. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    I am so sorry for your loss. May you find comfort from the heartbreak with Rebel, Angel, and the ones you are expecting. :hug:

11. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Tara, I am so sorry for the loss of your Georgie.....I am confused, so goats can bloat from too much hay? I thought they should have it free choice especially in the winter?????

12. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Oh no, Im so sorry. :( he was so handsome

13. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    So sorry for your loss. I'm sure he will live on in his beautiful babies. :hug:

14. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    I'm so sorry for your loss. He was an adorable looking little guy. :(

15. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am so sorry for your loss. That is so hard and he was a VERY Handsome boy. WOW.

No they can not bloat from tom much hay. Maybe it was something else or if it was new hay that is possible.

16. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Oh I'm so sorry! :tears: He was gorgeous! RIP George :(

17. jberter

jberter New Member

So very sorry you lost your sweet boy, rest in peace Georgie..