I love my hubby

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Epona142, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    As most of you know, little Isis has been sick so she's staying inside.

Last night she seemed to be doing well so I took the gate out of the doorway to the bathroom and shut the door before bed, thinking she would be fine sleeping in her little bed.

Hubby comes in the room and sticks the gate back in and opens the door.

I told him she would be fine with the door closed and his response?

"No, I'm going to leave it open so I can make sure."

:lovey:

2. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI

3. bleatinghearts

bleatinghearts New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, AK
    I could hear adorable husband/animal stories all day long. I went to Wal-Mart (that store makes me feel dirty) to buy my video monitor yesterday and then called my husband who’s out of town when I got to the parking lot to squeal with excitement. He said "you went and got it without me?" Man, I felt like a heal! I told him I wouldn't hook it up till he got home! :wink:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is so sweet.... :greengrin: :thumb:

5. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Awwwww!!!! So sweet!

6. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    He's a good one. He'll say "Those goats are useless and annoying." (nevermind the fact it's HIS goat making all the noise) but then I'll catch him hanging over the fence sharing his dr pepper with Hope.

Or call me from TSC all excited because they have something new the goats might like.

Silly man

7. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    You've got a good one there, the more they protest/fuss at times, the more they actually like/love the goats. They're getting the best darn therapy in the world just from hanging with the goats. :thumbup:

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What a guy! Amazing how they can be so tough somedays and softies the next... my hubby absolutely hates the thot that I am offerring disbuds, he was so PO'd that he'd rather not even hear of me taking kids to get them done.

9. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Ooooh yes. When I explained disbudding to him and told him I was thinking of getting a disbudder, he was horrified!

"You're going to fry their little brains!"

He called today from work to ask how the little ones were doing, and wanted to know if there was anything I needed from TSC. :love:

He can be very frustrating at times, but he's got the right stuff on the inside.

Poor thing, when we met, I didn't have a single pet....

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Only us "Goat Girls" would get excited over DH calling to see if we needed anything from TSC! :wink:

Goes to show just how much they love us when they think of our goats first :love:

11. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    My hubby has done that for years with my ponies, now he just has a wider variety of things to choose from, lol.

I warned him ahead of time, before we even seriously got started dating, that my animals are my life, and while I will be smart about knowing my limits i WILL still have critters out the wazoo and if he doesn't think he can handle that idea... there was the door!

He not only stuck around anyway he actually seems to enjoy the farm life he fell into when he fell in love with me. he never complains about the animals, except when he steps in cat barf at 4am. lol. In fact, the goats were sort of his idea, haha!

12. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    aww....its great to find a guy that actually likes/loves the animals even if they don't always show it!