The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made an easy hay feeder for around $60.00 It is 5 ft long, uses a polly bunk feeder to catch the fallen hay. I used some goat panels I had laying around here. Put together with zipties and 2 tpost.

Here is a picture after they had devoured all the hay I put in it.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Teresa, that looks wonderful.
Can I ask, Why don't you have any snow on the ground? :greengrin:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:shrug: I still have green grass. The weather is so crazy 60 degrees today and 70 by tomorrow. We seldom ever get snow. Rain now that is another thing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i can send some your way, we are close to record snow for the year and record below zero.
our goats hate snow, they just cuddle up and stay warm. when I go in there they crawl in my lap to snuggle up

·
Registered
25 Posts
Simple goat feeder.

Ok here is what I did.Part of my fence is made of that heavy wired panels,like you buy at TSC. On the out side of it I just used about a 3 or 4 foot piece of chicken wire.Made like a basket on the outside of it near the top of the fence.I just throw a block in it and they eat it thru the fence.Its inside so I dont need a cover over it.Total cost? about 25 cents.

·
225 Posts
Wishing the temps would drop some. We are still in the upper 80's here. Nice hay feeder. Have been trying to figure out a way to make one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts