I must be crazy...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by FunnyRiverFarm, Dec 10, 2009.

1. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    I was looking at our local classified adds the other day and there was an old limousine for sale. I couldn't help but think how cool it would be to renovate the back seat into a goat hauler...That's right, a goat limo! I told my husband and he looked at me like I was nuts...why, oh, why do I have these thoughts?! :ROFL:

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Well they would be riding in Style. :D :cool: :shades:

3. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    LOL. I can see it now. You could rename your farm Red Carpet Farm and show up to shows in style!!

4. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    Hey - whatever works! I recently saw an excellent idea for small animal travel...... someone had taken a minivan & "cut" the front driver & passenger area off and welded a wall on to it with a portal window; they welded a trailer hitch onto it & sectioned the cargo area into 3 or 4 stalls. It could be accessed from the left side, right side and rear of the trailer. Such a cool idea....

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is a unique idea....LOL....riding in style... :shades: :cool: :greengrin: :thumbup:

6. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Yeah, riding in style for sure! :cool: :ROFL:

Haha...now that's a good idea :dance:

Hmm, I would have liked to see that. Sounds like an interesting design!

7. poppypatch

poppypatch New Member

May 30, 2009
    Montesano WA
    A goat limo would be great!!
    There was a herd years ago that came to CAL expo with a bus filled with goats. It was such a great idea. They took all the seats out and painted their herd name on the sides. Had a ramp to get them in and out through the back doors.

8. KGW Farms

KGW Farms New Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Scales mound, IL
    I have seen where they take one of those small buses, say for taking wheelchair bound folks (lift) out, and sealing off the driving area and converting the back area into a goat hauler. People are hired to clear brush with their goats and will take these out to a spot and leave them so the goaties have shelter.

9. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    This just goes to show you, goat folks are very creative folks, when it comes to getting to and from points A & B. Since most older limos were made from Cadillacs, you could name the farm CaddyLac Ranch :ROFL: :ROFL:

KGW, thats sounds like a really good idea, hauler and shelter in one.

10. Mully

Mully New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Mt Ulla , NC
    That is not crazy at all ...I have an International bus like the ones you see at airports .... has air conditioning and I have hauled as many as 12 llamas in it from mid Tenn to mid NC and they were comfortable. It has a wheel chair lift and that makes it easy to get animals on to the bus. Get the limo ...you know it will be fun ...... post pictures!!

11. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    LOL. Me and my husband are thinking of getting one of those nice big horse trailers with the sleeper area in the front so we can travel with our goats. It's a bit of an "out there" dream, but maybe one day it will happen. We'd love to put air conditioning and heating if we could! I love my goaties!