I Need Advice Please!!! VOTE!!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by HollowbeadRanch, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Yes, Separate the Our Does Section AND the Goats For Sale Section into smaller subsections!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Just Separate the Our Does Section.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Just Separate the Goats For Sale Section.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I have finally purchased my own Domain Name (http://www.HollowbeadRanch.com), so now I have PLENTY of space on my website! I have been trying to think of ways to make everything a little more accessable. I had thought about spliting the Our Does into two separate sections: Nigerian Dwarf Does and Pygmy Does (and then of course each would have a Jr. Does Section and a Sr. Does Section). I also thought that I might separate the Goats For Sale Section into: Nigerian Dwarf Goats For Sale and Pygmy Goats For Sale. What do you think? Do you think the website would be a little clearer and less confusing if I made these changes, or do you think it would just make things too complicated??

Also, since people in my area don't know about about the Mini breeds, I am in the process of working on adding a couple of pages to my website explaining the different characteristics and breed standards for Nigerian Dwarfs and Pygmies, so that my customers can be a little more informed. Everyone that calls me always has tons of questions about the breeds and goats in general, so I figured this might help out some. What do you think? I have gathered some information from different Pygmy and Nigerian Dwarf associations and am working on breaking them down into the basics. I would also like to get any advice or helpful tips or specifics that I need to include with these two breeds.

Please let me know what you think of both of these changes (pros and cons)!! I am completely open to suggestions!!! (I included a poll for the Does and For Sale question)

2. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    I think it's a good idea to make the different does pages according to breed. I think one for sale page is easier though, as it has everything right there. I wouldn't make separate sale pages unless you have lots of goats of each breed for sale, otherwise, it might be nice to have just one page with all the pygmies clumped together and the Nigerians together. Putting the kids together in each section is good too, since people looking usually want a specific age/breed and like seeing them. Info pages are great idea too! And maybe even terms of sale (though I'm not sure since I've never done this before)

Oh, and how many goats do you have now? You keep on getting new ones (and pretty ones, at that!) so it seems like you must have a lot by now :D

3. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I think it should really depend on how many goats you have. Seperate jr. and sr. doe pages and even a seperate buck page makes sense. But as for the for sale page if you only have five or six animals total for sale it doesn't make much sense to have two seperate pages. However, On my website i have two different pages, one for for sale animals such as older kids and milkers, and a breedings page for future kids. This makes it a lot easier to navigate.
    I think they idea of explainging the two different breeds is a great idea, a lot of people in general don't know the difference between a nigie and a pygmy. I had never even heard of nigerians until eight years ago when i first started showing. Until then i had only seen and herd of pygmys and the large dairy breeds.
    beth

4. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thank you! Yes, that makes sense. I will probably make a Nigerian Dwarf Does page and a Pygmy Does page.

We have got 44 right now, not counting the five kids that I have got deposits on :)

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

then it makes sense to seperate everyine. Won;t take as long for pages to load too.
    beth

6. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    That's what I was thinking. I am planning on doing ALOT of work to it this coming week 8)

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    separate the breeds but don't separate the for sale page.

8. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I agree to separate the breeds and not the doe pages....I think I would add junior does too