I need... advice...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by lesserweevil, Oct 13, 2007.

  1. Take her to the other woman's buck even though he's not as good

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wait 3 weeks and take her to my original choice

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Curl up in a dark corner, close my eyes and suck my thumb. Goats do not exist.

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lesserweevil

    lesserweevil New Member

    Oct 5, 2007
    I have just arrived in England... received a text message basically saying "just as K predicted: Whissy is in heat!!"

    So I texted back to tell my mother where the phone number was - as my father is out all day.

    Basically it comes to this - she's not enough in heat to go to the buck today, so it would have to be tomorrow, and the guy is only in at 11 a.m. when we're in church and they don't want to miss church for that.

    SOOOO do I get them to phone the other woman who has a buck - which isn't as good - and get them to take her there in the afternoon? or do I wait 3 weeks for her to come around again?

    A minus to THAT is that the rams have been with the sheep for a week now so I'd just be coming to lambing when Whissy kidded if she went now. However they'd probably still be lambing 3 weeks later...

    this is her first heat of the year.
     
  2. samall

    samall New Member

    124
    Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    I'm pretty sure I'd wait the 3 weeks and take her to the buck that I really wanted her bred to. Either way it sounds like she'll be kidding while you have lambing going on...might as well have kids out of the better buck. An extra 3 weeks isn't *that* long, even if it seems like forever.
     

  3. lesserweevil

    lesserweevil New Member

    Oct 5, 2007
    yah I guess. Ok so what's 17 days from today?

    Whissy has nice n irregular seasons so I need to tell the lad who's minding her to be sure to check her from 17 days onwards - she came in on 17 days last year!
     
  4. samall

    samall New Member

    124
    Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    17 days would be October 30th....the day before Halloween!
     
  5. mystic's_mom

    mystic's_mom New Member

    265
    Oct 5, 2007
    Northern, MN
    I would wait!!!

    So you're in England now huh???My you get around!!!!! :D
     
  6. lesserweevil

    lesserweevil New Member

    Oct 5, 2007
    yah I posted to that effect in "the chatter box"

    i'm over here for more flight training.

    ENGLAND! WOOHOO Rugby World Cup FINALS! RULE BRITANNIA, BRITANNIA RULES THE WAAAAVVES...
     
  7. StaceyRosado

    StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

    Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yup I vote wait.
    And she maybe not ready for the buck until MOnday anyway. IT can take a couple days for them to really be in standing heat. I woudl mention that to your mom.
     
  8. fritzie

    fritzie New Member

    751
    Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i voted to wait also. it is better to wait & get better babies. the three weeks will go by fast. especially where you are not home any way it will go by faster
     
  9. GSFarm

    GSFarm New Member

    312
    Oct 6, 2007
    Fairview, TN
    I would wait as well.
     
  10. lesserweevil

    lesserweevil New Member

    Oct 5, 2007
    arighty then... I'll txt my mother as well and tell her to get Peter to see if she's still in on Monday