I need help- Nigerian Dwarfs Anonymous

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by ProctorHillFarm, Sep 21, 2009.

1. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

:help: Hi my name is Addie and I am addicted to nigerian dwarf goats :ROFL:

Okay we are really done buying goats for awhile and closing the herd.....(I know I have said that about 3 times already :doh: oh...yeah..... and we have one doeling reserved from Poppy Patch already for next year.... :greengrin: ) but if we dont have enough to work with here I quit!

anyway...here they are:

Fairlea Gertrude: "Trudy" http://www.proctorhill.com/gertrudepage.htm A really terrible picture- need to get a new one

and TX Twin Creeks Trace of Silver: http://www.proctorhill.com/traceypage.htm

And I guess you could call this a new addition.....we will be breeding her and keeping a doe kid if we get one, and then she will up for sale.
    Fairlea Luna Moth : http://www.proctorhill.com/lunapage.htm
    No pictures of her yet though

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am absolutely no help - I just bought 4 new ones~~~ :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: (technically 7 - but have traded 3 already!)

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :ROFL:

We all ...have the addiction.....don't feel bad...if we didn't ...I think ...there would be something wrong with us...LOL :wink: :greengrin:

4. poppypatch

poppypatch New Member

May 30, 2009
    Montesano WA
    Beautiful does!! Can see why you couldn't turn them down!

After the terrible flood we had last Winter we have been focusing on keeping the numbers small enough to all fit in the trailer in case of another evacuation. Our stock trailer is 32ft long so luckily it fits a lot of goats!
    Was proud I sold a yearling last week I didn't even really want to sell. This lady has been wanting her really bad and I finally just decided ok. She will be shown and they has a smaller herd so she will get more attention from what she gets here so it is a good thing.

Shannon
    Poppy Patch Farm

5. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    As long as they are beautiful...that's my excuse! LOL!

They are gorgeous girls and you are VERY lucky!!!

6. ProctorHillFarm

Thanks guys- we pick Luna and Tracey up this weekend :leap:

Thats good Shannon! If you werent so far away- I saw a few on your site that I would have liked to get my hands on, but I will just be patient until my doeling ( :pray: ) arrives next year

:greengrin: I just sold a buck that wasn't for sale either- they inquired and I gave them a price I couldn't say no to, and they picked him up last night along with another doe that was for sale, so that's how I justify my new girls.... :wink:

7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Congrats on the lovely new additions! And the reservation for a doe from Poppy Patch. Shannon does have some awesome goats!

I wish we had the room for more. . . so many that I want but can't have. :sigh:

8. Rainbow Meadows Farm

Rainbow Meadows Farm New Member

May 26, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I heard some where :shades: Some additics are also enablers :ROFL:

Todd

9. ProctorHillFarm

Oh come on, where would you get that crazy idea :idea: :slapfloor:

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I am also addicted.....but so far DH has kept it in check. 9 is enough for the space I have them in, though I try like crazy to remind him that only 4 of my 6 does are producers :wink: He worries about their health and over crowding as well as time issues to enjoy and care for them as I work fulltime. Of course he's right but I'd still like to have an even numbered herd :wink:

11. ProctorHillFarm

See my hubby is just as bad as I am...he is the one who actually brought home the first two goats ever onto the farm, and now look....I blame him :angel2: :lol:

12. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Oh wow!!! I LOVE the chocolate ones :drool: VERY pretty!!!!!!! :love:

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh if ONLY my husband were to purchase me a REALLY nice goatie..... LOL! That would be the day that you all would bury me from death by shock!!! :ROFL: :shocked: :ROFL: :shocked:

14. Rainbow Meadows Farm

May 26, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Okay I was happy with the few I had until hubby went looking for a buck. Now we have 4 new bucks, 5 new does and 3 more comming. Addie see what you have created.... :help: I need counseling. How many babies can you squeeze on RMFarms?
    I donno but we will have 13 bred does by the middle of next year. I will be going GOAT CRAZY. :pray: for me

Bonnie

15. ProctorHillFarm

And if I remember it right I was almost banished to the couch for bringing them home! Now look at This! Now MY herd of goats were taken over by the wife and kids!......At least she still lets me play with them. lolol :slapfloor: :slapfloor:

As for you bonnie and todd- If I remember it correctly :scratch: We met at a certain herd dispersal sale and you were laughing as I got beat up and down by four of the wildest goats I ever tried to get in the truck....You could have run! :ROFL:

16. Rainbow Meadows Farm

May 26, 2009
    New Hampshire
    We couldnt run. We were laughing so hard. :ROFL:

Well if we hadn't met then we wouldn't have such good goatie friends. And then I wouldnt have Tassa or Aspen, MB and Kauboi. My little buck herd led by Grampa Icky. Of course I would not have learned all that I have and have such great people to guide me on my adventures in the goat world. Run you say.....Never. I love seeing Todd work and it is a challenge on who will pick out the next one. So far he is up on me...Wait until next year............

What our hubbys get us into.....Who would ever thought that goats could be such fun :dance:

17. poppypatch

poppypatch New Member

May 30, 2009
    Montesano WA
    I am lucky to have a family who is involved in the goats as well. My brother used to have a Lamancha herd in 4-H but the minute he was out of 4-H all his Lamanchas were suddenly mine like overnight. Although he did take a job for a couple years milking and feeding for a dairy after that. Guess the difference was he got paid to do it. He has a 5-acre property of his own now but I still haven't been able to talk him into getting some goats again yet.

This is the blog by the lady we are selling the yearling doe to- http://lifebeyondthesidewalks.blogspot.com/ Sometimes it is the goat who picks their people. Wendy came out to pick out a different doe but that little doe picked her out and wouldn't let her look at any other doe in the yard. Think she knew she would get spoiled rotten for life if she went home with her! I wasn't prepared that day to sell her but after seeing Wendy and her goats at Puyallup fair I knew we would be so lucky to have her take this little girl home.
    Can also read about the Puyallup fair on her blog(so funny!) Wendy's beautiful little dry yearling Herron Hill CJ Cora Belle surprised her by going Jr. GCH. Didn't surprise me at all. She is gorgeous! I was a proud Mom too as Cora Belle's sire is Poppy Patch RC Captain January(brother of our Lil Miss Broadway).

Olivia how is your little girl doing? We still have both of her sisters. Can't choose between them so we still have both.

Shannon
    Poppy Patch Farm

18. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    She has a neat blog, I can definitely see why you would sell to her. :)

Our little doe from you is doing great! She has grown a lot and looks nice. She certainly sticks out in our herd, color-wise. I know for sure she will look even better with another year of growing and maturing out. I ended up letting my brother have her because she just took to him and he loves her a lot. :)

19. poppypatch

poppypatch New Member

May 30, 2009
    Montesano WA
    Funny how some animals whether be goats, dogs or whatever just take to certain people.
    We will be breeding at least one of her sisters soon for Spring kidding. The first daughter of his has already been bred before she went to CA.

Shannon
    Poppy Patch Farm

20. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Ooh, I am excited to see his daughter's udders! :) "Poppy" (her barn name) grew really fast and is bred now, can't wait to see her udder! :D Unfortunately, it's going to be a winter kidding, so I am just hoping for some decent weather this winter.