The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..Im going to.purchase a Tattoo Crimper? Hand held. I need some help in deciding. Can you tell me your pros & cons on the brand you use and what type of ink or paste? Do you use colors? What letter size? What do you do if you mess up.? Need experience and guidance !
PLEASE & THANKYOU

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
Hi..Im going to.purchase a Tattoo Crimper? Hand held. I need some help in deciding. Can you tell me your pros & cons on the brand you use and what type of ink or paste? Do you use colors? What letter size? What do you do if you mess up.? Need experience and guidance !
PLEASE & THANKYOU
The stone set is nice. Small animal. Get two sets. Makes it so much easier to not have to change the farm ear and the number ear every goat. Farm stays the same and the number just changes on the other. Green paste ink.

·
8,161 Posts
The dual head Stone tattooer is good. But it only comes with numbers. (I think) so you have to order the letters separately.
I don't think I could make a goat stand still and hold still with a pen.

Use green ink paste. The liquid is worthless. It does not last. Buy cheap toothbrushes, it helps when you rub the ink in.

·
Registered
842 Posts
We use the small Stone tattoo kit with the green paste ink. We got the smallest size one since we have ND. I think we got it from Jeffers or Caprine Supply, can’t remember which. Ordered extra tattoo letters and numbers. It would be nice to have 2 so I don’t have to change out between ears each time. I’ll probably get a second. Easy to use.

·
Fair-Haven
4,710 Posts
I ordered mine from Jeffers - I like the larger size letters for my Nubians. Set came with both letters and numbers, and I have one for the herd ID and the other I switch - I like the swivel head. Green paste. White fades, liquid is junk. With the pliers it a crimp and done situation. I wouldn't attempt the pen. I clean the ear with alcohol, crimp, rub in green paste with an old toothbrush, set the tattoo with baking soda. I also clean between each goat by soaking in alcohol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts