I need opinions, please!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by NubianLover, Nov 2, 2010.

1. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    Ok, so I am still debating on some goats. Currently I have my 6 does and 2 bucks. Only 3 does are bred, the other 3 are still too young. Now, these 2 goats I am debating on are young. One is a doeling, the other a buckling.
    Here is the doeling. I know this photo isn't great, but it is what I have. She is a half sibling to one of my does.
    [​IMG]

Now, I know I really don't need 3 bucks right now, but she is offering a package deal. I have this boys full sister (if you want to see her she is on the photos page.) Anyways, I have the room for 3 bucks just know I don't need 3.
    [​IMG]

I told her I would let her know tomorrow, but I am still debating. I like them both. Like I said, I do have the room, but would like some opinions. In the photos they are about 2 months old. The black buckling does have nice milk lines.

Thanks for any help :hug:

2. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    I like the doeling,she seems to be long,level,dairy,and smooth blended. Pretty girl :] I don't really care for the buckling that much, but it could be a bad pic

3. beefy

beefy New Member

Aug 2, 2009
    South Georgia
    i like him. if you have plenty of room and food and the price is right you can always grow him out some and then sell him if you dont like/want/need him.

4. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    I guess my other question would be, how much would you pay per goat/package deal? I just don't want to overpay on them.

Thanks!

5. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    I am pretty sure I am going to go get both of them. I really like the doe and I like the buck's sister. She looks exactly like him, so I am hoping its just a bad photo.

Thanks for your opinions! If anyone else would like to give input, that would be great. :)

Thanks again!

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well I personally am not interested in having to many goats who are related. I wouldn't keep him a buck if there are no pictures of his dam's udder or you cant see her udder. How the dam looks is very important in whether or not you keep a buck a buck or wether him. But if you dont mind purchasing him and then wethering him if he isnt buck quality then bring him home and see how looks.

7. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    Well, only those 2 would be full siblings.... and I have 2 unrelated bucks I can breed her to. And the other doe is a half sibling to one of the does, so bucks won't be a problem.
    None of my other does are related to bucks and came from different farms.

I don't mind taking a jump to see how he turns out. Will definately whether him if I need to.

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    so his mom's udder is buck worthy?

9. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    Ok, just got email from the lady with udder shots. I will post them when I get inside. Right now I'm on my phone and out trimming the horses.

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ok -- will be waiting for pics